Archived Food Safety...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deli Ninja

Formerly Softlines Ninja (Now in Deli Flavor)!
I'm cross-training into Deli and I've noticed that food safety seems rather lax. Half-filled snackers sit around for an extended period of time, waiting to be done. Hands aren't washed every time a new pair of gloves gets put on. The only time deli slicers and cutting boards get sanitized/cleaned is at the end of the day. Temps are taken and retaken until it comes up in the "safe" zone. Regular meats are cut on a slicer after "bloody" meats if it's inconvenient to use another slicer... That's all just what I've noticed so far and can think of at the moment.

Is this normal? Should I be concerned? Should I run screaming away from the Deli and never look back?

I thought slicer was supposed to be cleaned after use. Ck your learning plan & look for the cleaning schedule. It will tell you times on cleaning checks. I don't have a deli. But, I have seen the cleaning log.

Sounds about right. We just dumped a 3-tier of meat since beef, chicken, turkey all just tossed in the same level. Co-mingled. $100's of dollars worth. Cause someone couldn't be bothered to keep them separate.

If someone gets sick then you will get screamed at for not cleaning but we won't give you time to clean until it happens again. And again.

When are those drains cleaned, three times a week? Yeah, right; don't count on it.
that's why our store has RotoRooter on speed dail. We had to call them last week, one day. Food ave, Starbucks were closed for several hours and the bathrooms also were closed.
The drains backed up in food ave somewhere and they had to shut down, I think from 11 AM until rotorooter came and uncloged the drains again around 4PM. lol
I should have taken a picture of the signs at food ave and the lights were dimmed.

all TMs were told to use the bathrooms in the mall, good thing we are attached to a mall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back