Archived food scale relabel option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I'm a new meat TL and need clarification--no one can answer my question. I've always been told as a team member to use the "relabel" accumulator option on the scale when reweighing meat packages. I know it helps keep inventory levels controlled but can anyone explain exactly how it does this? I understand that voiding labels clear them from the system (a label that can never be scanned can never be sold, therefore left in inventory), but I don't see how checking relabel before reweighing meat will do anything. Can someone please enlighten me?

I assume whereas not having it checked added lbs to the DPCI you are weighing, having it checked doesn't add lbs to the DPCI.

This is an incredibly easy answer that I didn't think of, and it makes perfect sense. Now I'm curious if the system knows which meat packages have already been weighed by the manufacturer. For instance, there is Sutton & Dodge meat that comes pre-labeled. I'm assuming I would check "relabel" on this instances. There are other meats that do NOT come pre-labeled, such as Laura's Lean (I have to scale these individually). The case they come in denotes the total weight of all the packages within, so does the system not inventory that weight when we acknowledge the DPCI from FDC? Does it only inventory individual labels (such as pre-labeled and store-labeled)? If it does not inventory the weight of the entire case, then I would be safe to assume I do not check re-label in order for the weight to be added to the DPCI.

If all of these assumptions are correct, then your response, Daninnj, makes complete sense and I'll roll with it until someone tells me otherwise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back