Should Drive Up have a disable option?

So, hear me out.

I have been working at my Target for several months now and have been on Drive Up since Day 1. Not one day since Jan2022 have we had more than 10 TMs coming in for DU for that entire day. We have discussed our concerns with our ETLs about scheduling issues, considering we had a few injuries happen over the last 3 months and have not had any kind of coverage for breaks/lunch. This has caused our times to tank and yet we get in trouble for it? They continue to hire new people every week but will not direct them to the drive up dpt! They also continue to pour more responsibilities onto us and even when we have only 4 people for that day (I'd say the daily avg for DU TMs scheduled is about 6-8), it is on us to provide coverage for the front every time EVEN when Fulfillment has about 20 people working at the moment.

Our whole idea was that especially in terms of there no closers/openers, we could have the option to disable DU for a certain amount of time? Not for the entire day. but maybe for the last few hours the store is open in the event a closer called in sick OR there wasn't one scheduled? That way the work flow of all the other departments aren't interrupted and the possibility of in-store pick up is still open.

Not going to happen. I guess it really depends on your volume so it's hard to say but you have more drive up people scheduled then I do and we are under 2 minutes consistently. Your store needs to work on scheduling better breaks and backing up if you get a big influx of guests at once. They base payroll off of trends and your store should base there schedule for when your store typically has more guests arriving for orders.

In a perfect world, Drive Up should be able to be turned off during thunderstorms or other unsafe weather conditions by the SD or ETL on duty if the SD is not present. Right now I think it’s only the DSD or corporate that can actually turn off drive up.

I mean. If your store would constantly turn it off (When they shouldn’t )have the DSD yell at that store or write up the ETL.

Allow for Closing TLs and SE ETL and SD to turn it off.

But if it is thunder storming. Yes turn that shit off. Have a message saying “For the safety of our Team Members, Drive up is disabled during thunderstorms.”

While they do that add a “Uhoh Looks like Drive Up is experiencing issues right now. Contact a Team Member for more information”

Back