Archived Food TL position

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys have any info on what they expect from the Food TL position? The more I talk to other Food Ave TL making the switch to this new position, the more I realize we have absolutely no info or specific core roles attached to this new role. The switch is only 10 days away.

You guys have any info on what they expect from the Food TL position? The more I talk to other Food Ave TL making the switch to this new position, the more I realize we have absolutely no info or specific core roles attached to this new role. The switch is only 10 days away.
If you will be over consumables as well... A lot.

Depending on the store, this position sounds awful. You've got to run Starbucks, Food Ave and P-Fresh.

From what I heard from Target contacts, lower volume stores will be combining Consumables/FA/SB. Other stores will be Consumables and then FA/SB.

From a friends specific store experience, the SB and FA TL positions were combined under one TL named Food (Services) TL. All FA and SB TMs were to be cross-trained in both areas.

The FATL was pushed over to be the new Consumables TL.

I just assumed the Food Team Lead was simply a return to the told Consumables Team Lead position with the addition of some food service, depending on the volume. The new food assistant, is just another name for PA, right?

Wow...that sounds terrible! Kind of disappointing too...I had some vague thoughts about maybe trying to become consumables TL (if the opportunity presented itself at my store. I was cool with the thought of waiting a long time- it's the TL position I think I'd be best at and I feel like my store is totally fumbling PFresh stuff for the most part) but yea...being over FA & SB as well? hell.no.:eek::eek:

There's a Super Target in my town where I could kind of see it making sense, since Food Ave and Starbucks are super close to the produce/meat/dairy/etc. But at my store it's on the totally opposite side of the store. That would be such a pain in the ass- you know you'd be going back and forth all day.

On the other hand, our FA team is so bad about getting their product, so it'd actually be kind of cool to be in control of everything in all of the coolers/freezers and be able to make decisions as opposed to having a vehicle sit around for a week until FA decides they have time to deal with it. :rolleyes:

I am in that category. They eliminated the FATL and I am going to Food TL. We haven't had a consumable TL in 3 years in our store since we are low volume. Iam just curious to see what others in my position feel about the change and if they know anything about the position yet. Very little info is available for us.

Yes, my store too. Not much info here either. The new market roll out info is on WB. I am sbux now, and no FA at our store.

I am in that category. They eliminated the FATL and I am going to Food TL. We haven't had a consumable TL in 3 years in our store since we are low volume. Iam just curious to see what others in my position feel about the change and if they know anything about the position yet. Very little info is available for us.
They're trying to keep it secret for some reason. I straight up told my etl I know what it is, we then had a ten to fifteen minute conversation on it. So since you'll be over market, you will oversee the market push that comes in with the flow truck, it'll now have its own team. Market team will also have to do their own backroom pulls. The tl will also oversee the fdc truck, and also oversee all research in market. They have essentially taken instocks, backroom, flow, and salesfloor and made it all one team. If you have the right people for the job it'll be amazing in my opinion and I'm really hoping I get the position at my store. We already have a tl over market but I don't feel he can take care of all aspects of the job.

Not sure about your volume, but that should change. If you have sbux, they will combine with FA, and if you are a low volume, a single Food TL for all of it.

My store is combining Food ave & Consumables and giving the position to a tm becoming TL, as a PA I am worried but our consumables team is super solid just a few tweaks here and there!

Our Starbucks TL is going to become the Food TL. The only change is he will now be overseeing Pfresh in addition to Starbucks (we don't have food ave).

The consumables TL will no longer be responsible for Pfresh but is keeping the rest of his departments (dry grocery, seasonal, HBA, chem, pets).

So it's a pretty raw deal for the SBTL. He'll also end up having to work at least a few consumables shifts per week like the current CTL because there aren't a lot of TMs trained over there.

We are NOT getting the grocery team rollout.

I heard about eventually having a team dedicated to push the trucks but nothing about a regular team, in stocks etc. I sounds amazing if I can get the right team to do so but at my store I don't think there is anyone with with enough dedication to handle such a challenge at our store.

I work in a high volume Super Target without a FA. So I'm just getting the Food Service Team Lead title but still just the TL of Starbucks. Consumables will continue to have 2 Team Leads. While Meat, Produce, Dairy, Bakery, and Deli continue to have separate TL but are now just simply Food Team Lead.

Very little info is available for us.
I guess I just don't know what you're looking for. My post was sort of meant as a joke, but it's very accurate. I'm seriously just going to do what all those TLs did and try to fit it into 40 hours. There was already a TL over each area, so there is nothing new for Target. You'll really just have to learn a new workcenter or 2 and then you and your store leaders can figure out how you should be scheduled so you can spend time everywhere. Scheduling is something that will make or break me and I'm going to ask for nearly complete control over it, but I'm not sure how much I'll get.

Depending on the store, this position sounds awful. You've got to run Starbucks, Food Ave and P-Fresh.

So what would change with Pfresh. For my store, We dont have a CTL now anyway so this wouldnt even change much IMO. Also dont have Food Ave anymore they took it out to make more room for starbucks lol

They're trying to keep it secret for some reason. I straight up told my etl I know what it is, we then had a ten to fifteen minute conversation on it. So since you'll be over market, you will oversee the market push that comes in with the flow truck, it'll now have its own team. Market team will also have to do their own backroom pulls. The tl will also oversee the fdc truck, and also oversee all research in market. They have essentially taken instocks, backroom, flow, and salesfloor and made it all one team. If you have the right people for the job it'll be amazing in my opinion and I'm really hoping I get the position at my store. We already have a tl over market but I don't feel he can take care of all aspects of the job.

I would love to be Food TL. I allready am the stand in "CTL" but a PA in title

Werent all stores supposed to switch to this process. I have literally heard nothing about our store doing this even though ive read about it months ago on here

I would love to be Food TL. I allready am the stand in "CTL" but a PA in title

Werent all stores supposed to switch to this process. I have literally heard nothing about our store doing this even though ive read about it months ago on here
They're for some reason keeping it a secret.

Yeah, I'm still unsure as to what exactly my role is now. We still have our FATL until the end of the week but I don't know what's going on after that. Balance between the two areas is gonna be rough, esp cus I just lost my most experienced PA.

IMO, realigning all of the food TL positions was just a small move in the bigger picture of transitioning every store towards the new grocery rollout. Making grocery profitable and drawing guests into the stores for consumables has been a priority for a while now, it just wasn't given the attention it needed in the past.

Yeah, I'm still unsure as to what exactly my role is now. We still have our FATL until the end of the week but I don't know what's going on after that. Balance between the two areas is gonna be rough, esp cus I just lost my most experienced PA.
Your role is to run both areas. If you're already a consumables TL, then it should be a pretty easy transition. Just do everything you've been doing, but in fewer shifts. Then work like 1 or 2 shifts per week in Food Ave. When you're in market, pop over into Food Ave and check to make sure the team is doing ok and if they need anything. When you're in Food Ave, go spend a few minutes in market and do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back