Archived for those who FIFO....

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the oldest out of date you've found?
I thought I had the oldest yesterday... Jul 2010. But today what I found took the prize... April 2009! Our store opened in Fall 2008. YUCK!

A customer while I was in PFresh found a bunch of expired lunchables. I didn't check the date to see if she was right because she kept looking for more. I brought it to the attention of one of the other TM's who is in there all the time.

Her response, in front of the customer not too far away was:

I don't give a f****!

We try to do FIFO at our store, but alot of times the managers get pissy because we have so much PFresh volume at times that they always want us to hurry up.

I once found a milk that was two months expired, pretty bad considering it's freaking milk. Oldest dry market I think was around 9 months expired.

Ugh... See, I sat down with the 2 HLTL's and we came up with a routine. Everyday I have a half hour window for short dating/FIFO'ing. No one bothers me, they all just let me have at it. We're just a GM store so it's not too too bad, but market makes up something like 20% of our sales so I'm trying to make sure market is the best it can be.

I once found a milk that was two months expired, pretty bad considering it's freaking milk. Oldest dry market I think was around 9 months expired.

Yikes! our milk vendor is in 3 times a week so we may have a day out but never more than a couple of days.
Just curious, has anyone else noticed that some of target brand foods are slow sellers?

On the shelf I have found some items a couple of months past due but the classic was what I found from the backroom: 3 years. It was cereal, Archer Farms Market cereal.

One of the crew on Freshness Friday found a can of Marshmallow Fluff that was from Feb 2010.

On the shelf I have found some items a couple of months past due but the classic was what I found from the backroom: 3 years. It was cereal, Archer Farms Market cereal.

Your TL must have missed that SDA. :D

Cornbread mix behind a BR shelf from 2008 (our last remodel).

I've only FIFO'd at the lanes, but I recently found gum that expired in Nov or Dec 2010 at one of the far end lanes that we rarely use.

I found some month old orange juice when I was training and pushing my first dairy CAF.

Some of the market guys recently found a Frappachino from some time in 2009. Of course, I tried getting a pool going to get someone to drink it. When it rose to $1 (my contribution) they rolled their eyes at me. They did pop it open though just to see how awful it smelled. Apparently, very.

My old store someone found a can of SpaghettiO's from 2005, and this was in 2011 lol!

The other day they had a bunch of stuff sitting on the table in the break room where they normally put the goodies on snack days. Someone grabbed a bag of pork rinds, and started to eat one, got a funny look on his face, and spit it back out. Turns out it had expired about a year ago, as had the rest of the stuff on the table. Since it was fairly early in the morning, I was betting that the overnight team had had a little lesson on rotating product.....

The other day they had a bunch of stuff sitting on the table in the break room where they normally put the goodies on snack days. Someone grabbed a bag of pork rinds, and started to eat one, got a funny look on his face, and spit it back out. Turns out it had expired about a year ago, as had the rest of the stuff on the table. Since it was fairly early in the morning, I was betting that the overnight team had had a little lesson on rotating product.....

Now if i was feeling rather mean I might have to try that LOL They call me Target Mom, so I usually go the guilt trip route... " ya know, you're all guests here at some point, do you really wanna buy that????"

What's sad is when Dry Grocery resets, the plano team is completely clearing shelves so there's a "weakest link" because they should be completely FIFOing as they fill back the shelves.

What's sad is when Dry Grocery resets, the plano team is completely clearing shelves so there's a "weakest link" because they should be completely FIFOing as they fill back the shelves.

Yep..very true. I know one of the girls told me she tried to catch everything she could when gum reset, but it was hard when her TL was breathing down her neck to "just get it done!"

Market tm,
Here are some items to check:
1. go to mp flour tortillas, ck the spinach ones. They should green color & not yellow.
2. In Salad dressing aisle, check olive oil, any brand.
3. Cat food, aoup, or tuna fish sections, any dented cans.
4. Battery side caps in chemicals & pharmacy.
5. Fruit cups or cans, mold growing inside.
A few hints to check on when pushing or zoning.

Thanks HLmaster :)
I am coming up with a list of slow areas so they can get checked a little more regularly. I forgot about batteries. I think one of my least favorite areas to check is the back wall of G.... i'm short, even with a ladder I can't reach the back of the shelves. :p

Potato chips and baby formula are bad ones too.

The Archer Farms chips especially, those are always on the SDA. Also, the refrigerated Jello. I went through and FIFOd it yesterday and while there wasn't a super bad outdate, there were March 3rd all the way in the back with June right up front. Darn flow team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back