Archived Forced to drink the Kool aid or get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASANTS, but be aware going forward at target, if you show any sign of resistance to the new changes or question things you will be forced out of your job. On top of that if you are not amazing at everything getting things complete 100% you will be performance out of your job. Today everyone should take a moment and really think about what's going on and if this is really a company that deserves your talents.

Last edited:
Oh I gave up a long time ago voicing opinions to leadership. I'm careful about which TMs I vent with as well. My opinion as a peon TM doesn't matter the tiniest little bit. I show up, do my job, and leave. It used to be fun to work at Target, but those days a long past. It's just a job now. If I could find another job that used my early morning availability, I'd take it.

It's a shame I used to really love my job but year after year it's getting so bad. They are not being shy behind close does about telling leaders to start firing people or be fired. It does not matter who you are. I think you have a better shot right now at keeping your job if you were talking about unions all day than saying 1 bad thing about the new process. They tell me to own my Dept. But than tell me it's unacceptable to do things a certain way. When I ask for instruction or guidance to what they want as a company they tell me to figure it out.

It used to be fun to work at Target, but those days a long past. It's just a job now.

Damn! That's sig-worthy!!!
beerchug.gif

All I need is 5 hrs and 1 area to own any more will be for zoning... They actually wanted me to help other areas too after lunch I ignore them.

ASANTS, but be aware going forward at target, if you show any sign of resistance to the new changes or question things you will be forced out of your job. On top of that if you are not amazing at everything getting things complete 100% you will be performance out of your job. Today everyone should take a moment and really think about what's going on and if this is really a company that deserves your talents.

It is not, I am on the final stages of a new full time job, that literally oozes opportunity, my former ETL-HR was my last interview, and he had to rush it because it was his turn for the Dunk Tank that day (I legit had to walk through a parking lot of a 100 TM's at this companies DC, to my Car, while they dunk their leadership, only to drive back to Target and its wonderful, corporate atmosphere).... I plan to stay on the weekends though, as Q4 is going to be hilarious, and anyone treated unfairly, I will tell of the promised land.

I think the last sentence is incredibly important.

It's a shame I used to really love my job but year after year it's getting so bad. They are not being shy behind close does about telling leaders to start firing people or be fired. It does not matter who you are. I think you have a better shot right now at keeping your job if you were talking about unions all day than saying 1 bad thing about the new process. They tell me to own my Dept. But than tell me it's unacceptable to do things a certain way. When I ask for instruction or guidance to what they want as a company they tell me to figure it out.
We are in the same boat.

Have personally heard coachings where the TM was told they were 'contributing to poor morale'.
I was an aisle over before store open for one & the other was in an office with paper-thin walls.
The TMs in question were trying to figure out how they were going to be able to do their jobs under the new directives & expressed doubt.

Last edited:
Our DTL has specifically told us that any team leads or TMs who are not 100% on board and excited about modernization "need to go immediately." I saved an e-mail that said any "dinosaurs" (read: Target veteran TMs) who are unwilling to adapt to these changes should be replaced ASAP.
Where are all these magical people going to come from to replace them? Record low unemployment and people finding better jobs, the hiring pool is getting smaller. My store alone can’t hire enough people. We are losing more than we are hiring.

Where are all these magical people going to come from to replace them? Record low unemployment and people finding better jobs, the hiring pool is getting smaller. My store alone can’t hire enough people. We are losing more than we are hiring.
They keep saying that the higher wages of $15 hour will bring them to target. Plus target tries to steal people from other stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back