Archived Foreign Passports as ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I've been a lurker since I started at Target in November, and here is my first post!

A couple nights ago I was working a cashier shift (I am normally in hardlines) and rang up a guest purchasing Nyquil, which required him to provide an ID. He provided me a foreign passport. Remembering training on acceptable IDs, I told him that I could not accept his foreign passport.

I called the GSA over, and she told him and I that we would accept his foreign passport as ID. Unfortunately, the guest decided to leave without purchasing anything. The GSA told me that we would accept any passport (contrary to what I had remembered from training) because she told me "he entered the country with it..." (and also to flash the light as to not humiliate the guest)

So far nothing has happened, but I worry about the store leadership getting wind of this. So far I've been very well-liked and praised for the work I have done, and I would hate to potentially be terminated over this.

Who is right here? And should I be worried?

Pseudoephedrine drugs behind the counter at pharmacy is with US ID only. Drugs that guest bought on the shelf is OK with foreign ID, because you only need ID as proof of his age, not to log guests personal information. You were wrong, but don't worry, it's not a big deal.

PHP:
Passport is fine for anything over the counter. Don't fret. Technically if they look old enough you don't really need an ID, just handkey dob and have them on their way.

PHP:
Passport is fine for anything over the counter. Don't fret. Technically if they look old enough you don't really need an ID, just handkey dob and have them on their way.

This. Since it's not a scannable driver's license (or Canadian health card), you'd have to have your GSTL/GSA override the birth date, but it is acceptable ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back