Archived Forgetting To End Meals...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old HR use to just correct them. I just ask our team to correct them in my time telling them their leader might have a conversation if the missing punches is a continuous issue.

Your HR will have a punch report for any missing or bad punches. So its best to inquire with your HR and make the necessary punch corrections.

I forget to punch back in from lunch when on my lunch I end up statusing with an ETL etc and it runs long lol. ETL HR and I (and some other TLs) have an understanding that I’m there not more than 40 hours a week unless we arranged it, and that I always take my meal before my fifth hour, and it’s always 31 minutes unless I have OT to cut, and that if I’ve ‘goofed up’ my punches and they don’t reflect that, to go ahead and fix them.

All of this in nothing more than a punch correction that YOU should take care of. Diddle with it enough and you'll soon learn to use the time clock correctly.

Unless you're a total moron.

Most of those are already on salary and don't have to worry about time clocks.

Much of our leadership team just does punch corrections so as not to hit compliance and shifts their lunch. It's better than my old store where much of the leadership would just punch out and work through their lunch. HR at both stores didn't really care, where they do care is people taking 20-30 minute 15s.

From a legal standpoint you're more likely to get in trouble if you get hurt working off the clock as it's a liability issue which is why punching back in is more important than punching out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back