I'm Lost! Forgot Lunch Break...

I MADE A HUGE MISTAKE! I accidentally forgot to take my lunch break today after I hit 6 hours. I was initially scheduled from 3:00 pm to 7:45 pm , but was called in to stay until 9 pm, so I had no idea about the lunch break. The worst part is that this is my second time forgetting lunch AND Im still under 90 days of being hired. Will I get another warning or am I going to be terminated? I feel really anxious about this.

I MADE A HUGE MISTAKE! I accidentally forgot to take my lunch break today after I hit 6 hours. I was initially scheduled from 3:00 pm to 7:45 pm , but was called in to stay until 9 pm, so I had no idea about the lunch break. The worst part is that this is my second time forgetting lunch AND Im still under 90 days of being hired. Will I get another warning or am I going to be terminated? I feel really anxious about this.
Target expects you will be proactive about taking a meal break if you were asked to stay late. It's non-negotiable. You'll have to speak up to your leader, just say one word: COMPLIANCE. It not only is bad for you, it's bad for the leaders as it hurts their compliance numbers, which could affect their bonuses and raises since it exposes Target to a wage-and-hours audit by your state. You'll receive a coaching. You are unlikely to be termed unless this happens multiple times in a short time frame.

Just remember it's your job to speak up when you approach compliance, your leader WILL let you have meal break no matter how busy it is because non-compliance is going to come down on them as well as you. Please do not feel anxious. As the old adage goes, "Go and sin no more".

Also if they ask you to extend ask when they want you to take a lunch or if they’d rather have you leave at like 8:45. This will help them remember you need a meal. Be your own advocate!
Is it ok if i extend?
Yes you can, x department needs help.
Ok ill take my lunch break at y time my shift was supposed to end then help x department.

That's what i do, establishes when I'm lunching, what my plan is, and gets approval

Also I've had my teamlead just take my keys and go "RUN TO THE TIME CLOCK"

As you have been told: YOU are responsible for counting to 5 or 6 from your star time and take a meal before you violate compliance laws for your state.

‘However, it would be helpful if your leaders had your back and either
1. Asked ; ‘how long would your shift be if you stayed until 9 ? Oh, 6 hours, please leave at 8:45 or take a meal to stay til 9:00
or
2. Leaders can be logged into alerts on the zebra that rings when you are approaching a meal compliance infraction that gives them 15 minutes to find you and send you to the time clock before you make that error.

it;s too bad your leaders aren’t watching out for you.

2. Leaders can be logged into alerts on the zebra that rings when you are approaching a meal compliance infraction that gives them 15 minutes to find you and send you to the time clock before you make that error.
OMG I FELT THIS.

I should not ever be the only person signed into Leader alerts. I’m not even a fucking Leader. Almost all of our violations are with the closing team and that Leader is on my last nerve. I about lost it where they said they never sign in to the phone. And if they HAD to they signed out as soon as they ended the call. This just strikes a nerve because it’s so unnecessary.

OMG I FELT THIS.

I should not ever be the only person signed into Leader alerts. I’m not even a fucking Leader. Almost all of our violations are with the closing team and that Leader is on my last nerve. I about lost it where they said they never sign in to the phone. And if they HAD to they signed out as soon as they ended the call. This just strikes a nerve because it’s so unnecessary.
Our SD and HR-ETL are always signed in. Everyone else, not so much...

As you have been told: YOU are responsible for counting to 5 or 6 from your star time and take a meal before you violate compliance laws for your state.

‘However, it would be helpful if your leaders had your back and either
1. Asked ; ‘how long would your shift be if you stayed until 9 ? Oh, 6 hours, please leave at 8:45 or take a meal to stay til 9:00
or

it;s too bad your leaders aren’t watching out for you.
I log into those alerts too. Its helpful for me to know if i get busy in a rush

Back