Archived Forgot to schedule sweep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it on MySupport? Or you can just load one anyways. I had to all the time and if the DC had a problem with it, nobody told me.

Maybe someone can enlighten me on this subject. My store is by far the smallest in the area (by a few 10s of millions) yet every trailer we use as a sweep trailer (4 trucks per week). I guess every other store around us has a specific schedule of 2 or 3 sweeps a week, but we just send shit back every day (even on modified truck schedules) with no qualms unless something wasn’t loaded right/rejected.

Am I missing something or does my store just get extra leniency? I brought it up to my LOG and Receiver and both just shrugged and said “it doesn’t come back, right?”

Maybe someone can enlighten me on this subject. My store is by far the smallest in the area (by a few 10s of millions) yet every trailer we use as a sweep trailer (4 trucks per week). I guess every other store around us has a specific schedule of 2 or 3 sweeps a week, but we just send shit back every day (even on modified truck schedules) with no qualms unless something wasn’t loaded right/rejected.

Am I missing something or does my store just get extra leniency? I brought it up to my LOG and Receiver and both just shrugged and said “it doesn’t come back, right?”
The DC may be annoyed but honestly if it’s a bale or two maybe they don’t care. If every store swept every truck though the amount in each on would hypothetically be less. @notfit05 or @smashandthrash have any insight on sweeps?

Anybody have the number to schedule an extra sweep for next week? It would be greatly appreciated!
1-888-888-0304

My store used to do that too, because stuff would pile up over the weekend and be in the way by Monday. But one day for whatever reason, our truck driver didn’t take it. He just moved it one door over, dropped the full one, and left. So the flow TL had to make the awkward phone call to STS and ask for them to send someone to pick up our unauthorized sweep.

1-888-888-0304

My store used to do that too, because stuff would pile up over the weekend and be in the way by Monday. But one day for whatever reason, our truck driver didn’t take it. He just moved it one door over, dropped the full one, and left. So the flow TL had to make the awkward phone call to STS and ask for them to send someone to pick up our unauthorized sweep.

That makes some sense, I guess, but our area does not have truckers pulling double trailers so some can be dropped and left. They always drop one and take one. Empties are not left behind. The DC is 60 miles away so coming back with nothing makes no sense.

Something else happened recently where our DC asked for another store’s sweep trailer to be stored for -1- day at our store so we ok’d it. 4 days later and I brought up that it was still in the bay. The LOG called and the trailer wasn’t picked up that day. Next day we pulled the pin lock and said it’s sitting unsecured and we’ll have it towed if the DC didn’t pick it up and it was gone 2 hours later.

Maybe if the heads of the DCs communicated better we wouldn’t have such a poor attitude toward them :( some “team” fellas.

The DC may be annoyed but honestly if it’s a bale or two maybe they don’t care. If every store swept every truck though the amount in each on would hypothetically be less. @notfit05 or @smashandthrash have any insight on sweeps?
Couldn’t help ya on scheduling a trailer my guess would be call Ryder but that’s just a guess I’m not familiar with that side of it

That makes some sense, I guess, but our area does not have truckers pulling double trailers so some can be dropped and left. They always drop one and take one. Empties are not left behind. The DC is 60 miles away so coming back with nothing makes no sense.
Our guy only pulls one trailer, so he left with nothing. The DC is 200+ miles away...

1-888-888-0304

Guessing truck issues on why he left the empty or someone did not change the pin lock.. We had that happen once.. With the idiot ETL's we had they could not or rather would not get out there and change it cause she would get dirty.. So the driver left the empty and he was not happy about it.

Guessing truck issues on why he left the empty or someone did not change the pin lock.. We had that happen once.. With the idiot ETL's we had they could not or rather would not get out there and change it cause she would get dirty.. So the driver left the empty and he was not happy about it.
We almost never changed the pin lock, because our driver often came relatively early in the day, before the trailer had even been closed up. The same driver has been doing it for years, and he never really cared.

We almost never changed the pin lock, because our driver often came relatively early in the day, before the trailer had even been closed up. The same driver has been doing it for years, and he never really cared.

Our Flow team forgets but never doesn't go out and change it if they forget and are still there. This ETL basically refused to go out and change it cause she didn't want to get dirty. The bullshit gymnastics she did were amazing to listen to her justify not going out there.. The driver just said fuck it said he was going to make a call and left..

That’s bizarre. Changing it doesn’t really do anything, unless it uses a different key at your store. All the driver had to do was ask if the trailer is good to go, then take the lock off and slap it on the new trailer before leaving.

Lately RUAN has been getting contractors to help them out and its been slightly annoying. Our regular drivers would know that if they saw the paper work it was ready, so the pin didnt need to be changed by us. One less step for each of us.
I totally understand that there is a procedure in place, but I think I'm actually annoyed that I dont have the pin lock key. I have to ask specific ETLs to let me borrow their key. It literally opens only that, I just dont get why I can't have a copy on my set of keys.

The issue wouldn’t really be that it’s annoying for the DC, it’s that if that trailer was supposed to be empty it could be meant to go somewhere else. A decent number of empty trailers go to a vendor to be loaded and then back to the DC to save on transportation costs. So if it’s loaded with a sweep then the carrier would be left scrambling to find another empty in the area to take to the vendor so that the DC still gets their freight on time.

(Sorry for resurrecting a dead topic)

Call FMOC. 18888880304. It has to be 48hrs exactly or more within the time you need the sweep picked up. I use this a lot because I have a small backroom. As long as you call like 3 days ahead it's no issue. Use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back