Archived Former TL, quit, want to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my situation is pretty weird. Here goes.

I was a CTL at target for 3 years. I had some major personal issues come up (wife attempted suicide) which resulted in my job performance decreasing and I was put on a corrective action. I spoke to my ETL and my STL and I decided I'd leave the company for a while. Everything was done in a respectful way, I was still in good standing.

I realized a few days into my 2 week notice that I simply couldn't stay. I talked to my STL privately, and she gave me the go ahead to take off. I was told that when the air was clear and my life was back on track, I would be rehired despite leaving before my 2 weeks were up.

Within the year, my old ETL quit. Then my old STL was fired.

I now live in a different city, and the truth is, I absolutely loved my job at Target. I want to go back, badly. I know that on paper I am non-rehireable and it's killing me. I don't even need to go back as a TL, I'm fine with being a team member and proving myself.

I've seen team members rehired after quitting. I know it can be done. I just don't know how to deal with this. I quit nearly 3 years ago. How should I approach this? Should I go in and ask to speak to the HR ETL? Or the STL?

You can try applying at the new store and see how it goes. Your former store may not have marked you non-rehireable. If anything about why you left comes up, you can mention your personal situation and the how and why you decided to leave. I left and came back at a different store. I wasn't asked why I left, just what I did since. Hope this helps!

Tried, unfortunately was denied. I know it's because I'm flagging.

Welcome!
Sounds like you got flagged. Some ctl's job been have dropped at certain stores at spot. You can apply to other grocery chains, as 2nd option.

Yeah the CTL position was going away as I was leaving. I don't need to be hired as a CTL. I actually worked at Whole Foods while I was gone from Target, but the new area I'm living in really only has the Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back