Fourth of July “Lunch”

HR ETL always cooks hots and hams for every summer holiday even for the inbounds team, she was griiling out at 5:30 AM for our break at 6 and orders out for us the others ( dominos pizza, panera sandwiches, moe's burritos to name a few) inbounds gets breakfast pizza or breakfast sandwiches those times
Ain't nobody coming to that break room if you say "hots and hams" homey, gotta say "Burgers and Dogs" to entice the crowd.

For those of you who did not get food, your HR staff and SD are lazy. I ordered food for my store and put out drinks and snacks. Your store has a budget for recognition and they are lazy.

We had one HR who would only put clearance candy out, cause it was cheap. Another refused to do any of that since she was not here to feed people but to work(ok then why take an HR assignment?). This one is drowning in employees quitting and setting the exit interviews on fire over and over again. It just doesn't register that if you feed people all of them even if it isn't much but we appreciate the effort. Bring equal stuff. Telling the openers that the store brand muffin you got was equal to the Ezel's chicken the closers got isn't going to go over well.. And it didn't.

Never paid any attention to that day-care attitude bullshit. I brown-bagged every day, put my shit on the shelf, made bales, cleaned up then got the fuck out every day after a full shift.

You need to thank your HR Experts as they are usually the ones behind the screen providing the food and cleaning up after everyone.
Again though, why aren't the HR experts complaining about thanks not saying thanks back? People being good at their jobs is what provides the HR paycheck. So why is it a one way street the HR experts are wanting?

Again though, why aren't the HR experts complaining about thanks not saying thanks back? People being good at their jobs is what provides the HR paycheck. So why is it a one way street the HR experts are wanting?
She did not specify if it was the ETL or Expert; sounds like something an ETL would say. Target provides my paycheck and I am cross trained in other departments, as are most Experts, so being good at my job is supporting the store where needed.

At least you got an empty bowl. We didn’t even get that.
One year on Black Friday the openers got "Air Sandwiches" cause we were told we would have cold sandwiches since it was hard to find someone to cater. Ok, cool we get it.. And then the TL's don't know where they are. I was lucky I had cash and brought food, cause I don't trust anyone. I had to buy lunch for two co-workers cause we were told there would be food.. And they didn't have money to buy food, a freebie was big deal to them..

We come to find out this idiot TL didn't bother read his e-mail that told him what cooler they were left in. I think that and the "muffin" comments were the worst.

Did they announce that they were providing food? Cause they don’t have to.
They always tell us, mainly because it is so widely know they might as well. Had a food truck at mine that was parked in the loading bay. I heard about it from other people before they announced it was there at the huddle

Did they announce that they were providing food? Cause they don’t have to.
Yes they did announce, but then they canceled the day of July 4th without telling anyone. The excuse when someone asked about it was they have been too busy getting ready for visits. Also said they will look into a makeup day but no communication on that so I am not holding my breath on that.

Last edited:
This was the spread for lunch at my store for the Fourth of July holiday. It was so great and tasty.
I am sure other stores had the same lunch as I did. View attachment 12633
At least your store had somewhat of a flag. Our store still has our Christmas tree up in the break room, with a North Pole light up. Neither of which are plugged in.

Our store did McDonalds; nuggets, fries, pies. Unfortunately, it comes once and if you are on a closing shift it's whatever is left. If anything at all. Which is typical, order once and to hell with the closing shift.
I’m thankful for anything at all, but that McDonald’s food gets cold and nasty when it sits for a while, and doesn’t taste much better when you microwave it

So there was no makeup day like was told to the store. Then HRETL said they had something planned for National Ice Cream Day on Sunday as a makeup thing but did not end up doing anything. Later stated that they have a budget and have to save to make sure they have it for around Christmas time in December.

Back