• Thread starter MrTaskMule
  • Start date
  • Replies 9
  • Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrTaskMule

After six years of retail drudgery, I got offered a full time job at 10/hr. Putting in my 2 weeks tomorrow. For anybody out there that's frustrated and looking, there will always be other jobs popping up, and not everybody hiring is a shallow jerk. Normally, in interviews, I turn into Principal McVicker, and appear 30 IQ points dumber than I actually am. However, I finally managed to be normal for this one.

I'll still be here lurking occasionally, since it's a pretty good community

Congratulations.
Let us know how things go for you.

Meh, brief arbitrary update nobody asked for. Yeah that 10.00/hr gig (manager at a fast food place) lasted only a few months since I had to find an overnight job (my elderly grandparent needs somebody home at all times) and I ended up doing license plate inventory for about the same amt per hour, but I only get 24 hours a week. I've been there a year, which is nice, but Im already having job security issues. I am supervisor, but it is a BS title, and I basically get the blowback when anybody calls off/shows up drunk/equipment fails. I sure hope Target takes me back if need be, but probably not.

Sorry to hear things aren't going so well.
Maybe one of the Targets has an overnight team in your area.

Our store is so desperate for holiday help , when I was passing the hr office a few days ago they were saying that anyone that came in was to be hired so that should be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back