Archived Freezer Alarms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently someone didn't like the Market team having the backroom freezers open until they fall out of temp so now the alarms go off after 30 seconds. Problem is, it takes more than 30 seconds to push a flat of frozen/dairy in or out of the freezer/cooler, especially since the door holders are broken and if one person is doing the task. So 4949423023 times a day the alarm goes off. This not only bugs the entire backroom with a deafening screech but also bugs Guest Service with their panel alarm.

I can understand why they did this but it's not solving much of anything. I shall record the dB levels and report to OHSA. :D

Last edited:
I wouldn't want you to get into trouble or anything but when my pfresh first opened the backroom figured that putting a magnet on top of the door senor would disable the alarm. If you look at the door there's a piece of medal that sticks out that's the sensor you want to put it on. The other thing you can do is is change the setting its on the alarm its self to a different time its just a toggle switch.

Yeah we figured that out. It only works on one of them though.

Yeah we figured that out. It only works on one of them though.

Why in the world am I still up?

Anyway, the alpha magnetic keys have a very strong magnet in them. Probably about 200 times in pulling power compared to the actual alarm magnet.
If you stick one on the door contact, the alarm will not trip.

These would work well...
http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BX8C4
or this
http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BX084-N52

There very strong, and could be taped over the sensor. I'm a bad example, giving advice on how to defeat the thing...

Edit- OP, some stores will have a button like contact. When a door is opened, the switch pops out instead of staying in. To defeat it you need to tape it down.
IONPLUNGERx.jpg

Last edited:
I had that alarm going off constantly a couple weeks ago. It was bugging the hell out of me. I guess because we had temps outside over 100 degrees it was overheating the roof causing them to go off. Nothing like working Guest Service and having that alarm go off constantly when you're super busy, by yourself, and the photo lab is closed and not staffed for backup.

I had that alarm going off constantly a couple weeks ago. It was bugging the hell out of me. I guess because we had temps outside over 100 degrees it was overheating the roof causing them to go off. Nothing like working Guest Service and having that alarm go off constantly when you're super busy, by yourself, and the photo lab is closed and not staffed for backup.

And I thought it was bad when our LODs forget to reset the bottle room alarm...

Nothing like working Guest Service and having that alarm go off constantly when you're super busy, by yourself, and the photo lab is closed and not staffed for backup.

The last time it happened while I was at service desk, I taped a potholder over it. Muffled it pretty good while I kept calling ETLs every 15 mins until they got back there to see what was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back