Archived Fresh cut meat push process

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have searched on workbench for this process but I can't find anything other than "full and impactful"

When we transitioned over to pFresh I remember reading what the process was. I just can't find it anywhere.

I am looking specifically for how to push dated product/fresh cut meat.

It was my understanding that we only push single dates. Because we want to sell older product and the guest will reach for newer product and pass over the older stuff if given the choice. And to reduce B markdowns and be able to TPC, TPC reduces the price for the whole dpci not just the older product.

I have been told by my STL that we just need to focus on being full and impactful.

Can anyone tell me if my wanting to only push single dates is policy and if so where can I find it in workbench?

If it is not policy I will mix dates and not worry about QMOSing it all.

Oh and if it is policy do I just ignore it and do what my STL says ignoring policy?

Help.

Hm. I'm a rather new PA here, so I may be wrong on this one, but I believe that we typically will push out whatever we have, even if it is different dates, to make sure everything is full. People seem to be less picky with meat dates because they know they can go home and freeze it. Obviously when we have different dates on the shelf, we make sure everything is FIFO'd. Good luck, hopefully someone else has a more concrete answer for you

You should push to keep your shelf full, IMHO. It doesn't make sense to only partially push things; not to mention it will wreck havoc on your instocks. I just keep the shelf full...if you only have really short dated stuff out, sometimes people won't buy it at all because they don't want something that short dated. At the end of the day, a sale is a sale and I'd rather sell a long-dated product than nothing. If you have too many short dated items, you need to look at your ordering process and see if you need to cut back on what you order and when.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back