Archived Fresh Grocery Driveup/Pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see how it would be any harder. At least all of the perishables are in 1 place. Literally pick and stow. Not like you have to RFID for Kraft singles.
The order volume would be massive, and it's unlikely that the payroll would increase to match. For $15 you should be able to pick 300 items per hour!!

We've rolled out fresh/frozen grocery OPU to our TMs, and Consumables is doing the picking. No one seems to know if Flex will eventually take ownership, or how or if batches will be split if we don't. Currently, any order with fresh/frozen is batched separately, and Consumables picks the entire order -- e.g. frozen pizza + 12-pack of soda -- but I think we've only had food orders so far. What's going to happen when it's a frozen entree + black C9 leggings? Is Consumables really going to have to try to locate that? o_O

Is anyone else further along in the process and have any insight? I'm kind of frustrated by the lack of info available to us at my store.

We've rolled out fresh/frozen grocery OPU to our TMs, and Consumables is doing the picking. No one seems to know if Flex will eventually take ownership, or how or if batches will be split if we don't. Currently, any order with fresh/frozen is batched separately, and Consumables picks the entire order -- e.g. frozen pizza + 12-pack of soda -- but I think we've only had food orders so far. What's going to happen when it's a frozen entree + black C9 leggings? Is Consumables really going to have to try to locate that? o_O

Is anyone else further along in the process and have any insight? I'm kind of frustrated by the lack of info available to us at my store.

the issue is you need food handling training to pick food

Oh, yeah, I know there are rules re: food, I'm just wondering if the Flex team will undergo training and then take over, or if Consumables will continue to be responsible for those orders. We had a visit the other day, but no one has relayed any information yet; my TL doesn't seem to know anything, and the ETL just reiterates to walkie if there's a grocery order. I like to be prepared, so I find the lack of communication really frustrating.

No. Shipt delivers their order directly to their home. With food OPU the guest would have to still come to the store to pick up
Isn't it one or the other though? I cant even get canned tuna for the cats while getting OPU for my laundry detergent and shampoo. Anything food, target.com requires me to use Shipt.

Isn't it one or the other though? I cant even get canned tuna for the cats while getting OPU for my laundry detergent and shampoo. Anything food, target.com requires me to use Shipt.

What? You can definitely get tuna in an OPU. Might just be your store. I fulfill food OPUs all day, every day. Just can't order anything that would come on the FDC truck except in pilot stores. Food probably makes up 25% or so of my total orders.

What? You can definitely get tuna in an OPU. Might just be your store. I fulfill food OPUs all day, every day. Just can't order anything that would come on the FDC truck except in pilot stores. Food probably makes up 25% or so of my total orders.
Everything that comes on FDC except for candy 😂

I tried both the Targets near me two weeks ago, when I clicked on any dry goods grocery item there was no "in store pickup" option, the one that has drive up didn't have that option, the only option either had was "deliver today" and clicking that said it would be delivered by Shipt.

I tried both the Targets near me two weeks ago, when I clicked on any dry goods grocery item there was no "in store pickup" option, the one that has drive up didn't have that option, the only option either had was "deliver today" and clicking that said it would be delivered by Shipt.

Odd. Market orders are my savior. As I've told my market TL many a time: "You are what keeps my metrics green. Your shit is always where it's supposed to be." I'd be majorly stressed out if I didn't have my market orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back