Archived "Freshness" *insert day here*

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustJoe

"Can you go to 3, please?" *Turns off walkie*
We had a smart huddle in PFresh today. Usually it is a push party but today we actually did a freshness pull. Conveniently, I had an expired smoothie this morning for my 6AM break (that's what I get for not checking my own dates) so I knew that it wasn't the only thing in there.

Long after most of us had left to go back to our lives there was still one hardlines TM filling up cart after cart of yogurt to be tossed. It's not like she could stop....

Yeah that TM was me, back when I used to get pfresh shifts. There was rarely a shift where I didn't fill up a 3-tier's worth of expired product, and sometimes much more than that. It was my gift. Since I'm no longer over there I've gotten more judicious about checking outdates when I buy anything. Not that I don't like the people we have working there for the most part, but clearly some of them weren't checking dates as closely as I was.

You should see how much is coming out as they reset market. Its ugly. I thought the protein bars that I found a few weeks ago that expired in 2012 was bad enough.

You should see how much is coming out as they reset market. Its ugly. I thought the protein bars that I found a few weeks ago that expired in 2012 was bad enough.
That's exactly what I did yesterday. Plano didn't finish so I was pushing and the amount of out of dates was unreal. I was about half way through and had a full three tier.

Yeah that TM was me, back when I used to get pfresh shifts. There was rarely a shift where I didn't fill up a 3-tier's worth of expired product, and sometimes much more than that. It was my gift. Since I'm no longer over there I've gotten more judicious about checking outdates when I buy anything. Not that I don't like the people we have working there for the most part, but clearly some of them weren't checking dates as closely as I was.

If any stores are like mine where freshness friday gets skipped half the time and the market person has to help out flow truck, C+S truck, unload C+S when it comes in, pushing Mcclane candy, working huddle, zoning ALL of G including paper, grabbing carts, backup cashiering, backing up electronics, helping with bikes because nobody else knows how to do it at that time, etc. Tons of stuff to drag us away from doing our actual job and with just 1 person working at a time with no overlap it is really rough. Cutting down on outdates is a total team effort for the entire store from the backroom when they are pulling, to salesfloor when they are pushing and fifoing, along with flow when they are pushing and fifoing, and then salesfloor again when we do freshness friday.

I pulled a bunch of way-expired cereal bars off a clearance endcap yesterday. Sadly, they were all expired when they hit 1st markdown so it clearly escaped someone else's eyes already.

I know why it's that way in my store.
"Team we need 2 up on grocery. Who's responding?"
"Everyone on the sales floor is already on lanes."
"Team were backing up into cosmetics. We need 2 up on grocery! Who's responding?"
"Produce! We need you on the front lanes."
"Produce is already on a lane."
"Market TM! We need you on the front lanes!"
"This is market TM, let me put my pull back into the dairy cooler and I'll be right up."
Fun times.

I know why it's that way in my store.
"Team we need 2 up on grocery. Who's responding?"
"Everyone on the sales floor is already on lanes."
"Team were backing up into cosmetics. We need 2 up on grocery! Who's responding?"
"Produce! We need you on the front lanes."
"Produce is already on a lane."
"Market TM! We need you on the front lanes!"
"This is market TM, let me put my pull back into the dairy cooler and I'll be right up."
Fun times.

Haha this. The other day the LOD called me by name to come up to the front and I was like "sure, I can come up for a minute or so but I have an entire pull of milk out on the floor right now that needs to be worked"

Its like all the other teams and LOD think that Market can just come up whenever like having product out on the floor out of temp is just no big deal. Sometimes I have to backup for 20+ minutes and considering our Pfresh is on the front side of the store and the backroom for pfresh is in the back it takes a while just to push something back there to be in temp before coming up.

We used to do freshness zones in market til a few years back when I found some alcohol mixers that was 3 years old and had dust on it ..then we stopped.. and now with "MY TIME" salesfloor are doing backup cashiering.. needless to say 75% of our pfresh is expired or about to be expired..and FDC pushing us even more stuff.. if this continues we won't have anymore room in backroom coolers in 2 weeks

We used to do freshness zones in market til a few years back when I found some alcohol mixers that was 3 years old and had dust on it ..then we stopped.. and now with "MY TIME" salesfloor are doing backup cashiering.. needless to say 75% of our pfresh is expired or about to be expired..and FDC pushing us even more stuff.. if this continues we won't have anymore room in backroom coolers in 2 weeks

that is when you find the steritech phone number and call them for a surprise inspection.

that is when you find the steritech phone number and call them for a surprise inspection.

Do they really do this? Or is the "surprise" leaked to an ETL beforehand?

I don't know if they still do but my old store used to be pretty sincere about freshness Friday and dented cans.
They would even offer prizes to the people who found the oldest and the most.

My store has done Freshness Friday twice since I started in October. 99% of smart huddles are pushing the line or pushing PTM somewhere. Right now our grocery reset in dry is resulting in just staggering numbers of outdates as the plano team demerches things. The best is defecting out things that have been expired since before I started working there.

My store has done Freshness Friday twice since I started in October. 99% of smart huddles are pushing the line or pushing PTM somewhere. Right now our grocery reset in dry is resulting in just staggering numbers of outdates as the plano team demerches things. The best is defecting out things that have been expired since before I started working there.

So much for FIFO.

I loved doing freshness huddles when I was CTL/HLTL. It was always a gold mine in mayo/salad dressing and in Archer Farms chips.
Now that grocery is resetting it's like freshness huddle x1,000. So much expired clearance, expired product, damaged product!

What's the oldest thing found in your store? Mine..protein shakes 5 YEARS beyond expiration....

Do they really do this? Or is the "surprise" leaked to an ETL beforehand?
it can be .. my store been caught with pants down a few times
My store got caught real bad. now we have a freshness captain. its actually a good thing. now i can trust that my milk is within date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back