Archived Friday STL Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost 16 feet of backroom space for Google Express.

If they try and take any more away we're gonna be fucked.
Then I would suggest you grease your anus now. And You have Google Express! :( I would love to have access to them.

So when Shipt is rolled out to the stores, will the Shipt team be staffed in house or will it be a situation like how the Target Techs are handled? My understanding is that Target Tech’s don’t actually work for Target. But since Target now owns Shipt?.....

So when Shipt is rolled out to the stores, will the Shipt team be staffed in house or will it be a situation like how the Target Techs are handled? My understanding is that Target Tech’s don’t actually work for Target. But since Target now owns Shipt?.....

I imagine Shipt will be operated by regular independent contractors (anyone with a smartphone like Uber, Lyft or Amazon flex). Target is just going to benefit from the proceeds of the program and likely promote it to our current clientele of guest.

Amazon has a program where drivers (who don't work for amazon) drive up to warehouses pickup packages and deliver them. Amazon's product is delivered but the drivers are more mobile, cost less than regular delivery drivers and use their own cars and gas.

Shipt will be these same people picking up stuff at Target, delivering them and Target saving money on it.

Makes sense. I kinda figured it would be something like that, but have been wondering since Target owns Shipt.

Amazon has a program where drivers (who don't work for amazon) drive up to warehouses pickup packages and deliver them. Amazon's product is delivered but the drivers are more mobile, cost less than regular delivery drivers and use their own cars and gas

That's how it usually works where I live, esp. when I did a free trial on Prime. People in their own cars that where a bright vest deliver the packages. Now I live I am about half an hour from a warehouse.

For the same reason Instacart does or Amazon requires lockers in Whole foods now.
Neither of those require backroom space though. They just need a few feet of space along a wall at the front of the store.

I imagine Shipt will be operated by regular independent contractors (anyone with a smartphone like Uber, Lyft or Amazon flex). Target is just going to benefit from the proceeds of the program and likely promote it to our current clientele of guest.

Amazon has a program where drivers (who don't work for amazon) drive up to warehouses pickup packages and deliver them. Amazon's product is delivered but the drivers are more mobile, cost less than regular delivery drivers and use their own cars and gas.

Shipt will be these same people picking up stuff at Target, delivering them and Target saving money on it.

Buddy of mine does that in between welding gigs, a hassle to line up and get loaded with a route but the pay also rises and falls dependent on demand for delivery..

Buddy of mine does that in between welding gigs, a hassle to line up and get loaded with a route but the pay also rises and falls dependent on demand for delivery..

Exactly, during the holidays they were offering up to 30 per hour to deliver. I dabbled in it but the wear and tear on the car and gas from all the stop and go made me just stick to Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back