Archived friend getting performanced out

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I absolutely hate about this is that the TL/TM who cares and does their best will be gone by some trash ETL who will leave in a year or two because they can't handle it. They screw over the actual workforce and then leave. The problem is they have no clue how to fix something so they can only think of firing someone.

one of my fellow TL is getting performanced out of Target.

The person is an incredibly hard worker - always been dedicated, and doesn't call in.

Good review scores, team player, etc.

I am so disgusted with this company.

This company is pretty 'effing bad. One of the guys, who I like, shows up late ALL the time! He never remembers when he has to work and yesterday he showed up like 10 minutes late... we were doing huddle... and he just walks in and goes, "oops." When our LOD asked if he had punched in, he said no, and she told him to do it. He also does a really terrible job at zoning! He took over C last night, while I zoned D, and I just walked through C and it looked like nothing had been touched. It's true that guests can mess stuff up, but really? We usually just have him re-shop because I don't think the managers really trust his skills and yet... he's still here! Same goes for this other girl who is miserable; she absolutely hates helping the team and leaves a terrible zone as well. Yet they fired a good worker for "supposedly" stealing, which I don't know if it's true or not? I think it's simply because he was the one who would find all the stolen video games and return them to guest services, so they probably started wondering... but if they didn't have the evidence, I would sue, because that can seriously damage one's career and reputation. It really makes me wonder about Target. I'm so glad I'll be handing in my two weeks notice soon... :D

There's no "supposedly" when it comes to the stealing, they must have had hard, irrefutable evidence on the person to fire him. Otherwise he could sue the company. I think one our TPSs is getting "performanced" out as well, I just didn't have a word to put to it till now. It sucks, especially because from what I've seen the individual is really good at the job, but I'm still new, I don't know what they did in the past to fall into our very seasoned ETL-AP and Sr. APS's radars.

-Zen

it's really heartbreaking when the good workers are the ones who are let go when the slackers are the ones that get promotions.
I'm really sorry about your friend. Who knows, maybe this is a good thing.

It happened to my husband, he was written up for the silliest things in Food Ave
" you didn't fill the paper towel dispensers" Write up
"you left the salt scoop in the salt" write up.

Now hes making 11 an hour, full time at a company similar to Toms Hardware.

Good things will come from this.
Again, best of luck to your friend.

There's no "supposedly" when it comes to the stealing, they must have had hard, irrefutable evidence on the person to fire him. Otherwise he could sue the company. I think one our TPSs is getting "performanced" out as well, I just didn't have a word to put to it till now. It sucks, especially because from what I've seen the individual is really good at the job, but I'm still new, I don't know what they did in the past to fall into our very seasoned ETL-AP and Sr. APS's radars.

-Zen

That's good to know though. Apparently he really didn't care about the job... but to be stupid enough to steal? WOW! And yesterday when we were sorting stuff, my friend, casually mentioned to the LOD about how the Teddy grahams bag had been torn and when she told him that he needed to scan and defect them, he said, "But what if one of them happened to go missing?" She said, very strictly, "That's called stealing and you can get fired for that." I was getting nervous for him, because joking about it isn't cool, but ESPECIALLY w/ this LOD because she's right up Spot's ass. I told him that later one, I said, "You might want to watch out now, because they're probably going to be watching you." He then went on to tell us about how at Subway they let you take stuff that's going to be thrown away, but, this isn't Target and she was definitely *not* the type of person you want to be joking around w/. He doesn't seem to realize that, though, and treats everyone there as if we're all young apathetic college students. It was making me feel uncomfortable for him. :(

I could be wrong, I'm just speaking from what I've seen at my location so far. All of the AP people at my location are DEATHLY AFRAID of making wrongful stops/apprehensions whether internal or external. In the past we've lost really good seasoned Sr TPSs and APSs who had impeccable records (I'm talking hundreds of apps and stops) after ONE bad stop. It's the corporate fear of getting sued trickling all the way down to us. So I've been taught, and have observed my team following our directives 100%. I'm sure some other locations have been a bit more flexible with the directives..

How long does it usually take to performance someone out? From what I've seen at my location this has been going on for the past two weeks.
-Zen

A lot of my 1st store team has been performanced out or forced to retire just because they been with Target for 10 or more years. My 1st STL started out as a cart attendant and worked his way through college with Target to become an Exec. Yet they kept on jumping on him for RedCard numbers (never mind the economy dropped) and zone with working with no payroll. He would order pizzas for the team out of his own pocket for morale function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back