Archived Frustrated beyond belief - PlanoTL looking to see if anyone else is in this situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically since we started back in Jan we have been behind. Typically our STL always shorts us hours.. I know the whole store is feeling the crunch, trust me I was the only person closing on a sat and sun night from 8 pm on. For instance the one week it said est. hour 209 we got 136. We spend the first three hours setting, push truck smart huddle for the next two hours, then normally go back to work for the last couple. I don't feel like I have time to plan the transitions like they want, I cant keep up with Vibe walks, I have to 4x4 every single plano and fill out post pogs for every pog but I am also expected to set set set, pull and push everything. currently we are a 4 am process but I was reading they might be switching to 8am? we already help backup cashier and answer calls because the floor is so bare. We also have to attend power hour if its before our get out time. Last week I left 1 pog and about 50 rev's not done. Im beyond frustrated:angry::senile: any insight?.. ideas? comments? feedback?

I am sorry for your troubles. We're a 7am store and I have Pricing and POG. You really just have to fight for your hours. Partner with your ETL and do your best to help them understand that you cannot do the work without the hours. With the newly revised Adjacency Calendar, POG hours are more scrutinized than ever. Make sure you are only being held responsible for what your team is supposed to set. How much do you set in Soft Lines (beyond shoes, intimates and basics)? Are you responsible for your own back stock? How much time do you spend moving and condensing clearance? These are all time killers that you are not given hours to do.

I had to just tie all of the battery outpost revisions and two revisions in HBA, this last week. It's the first time in a while that I have been behind. So I am going through the Adjacency Calendar and marking the discrepancies in hours allotted vs hours actually needed for certain revisions. I'm behind on my two week plan and PPAs, and I pencil whip my Vibe on a regular basis. I feel for you, for having to work truck... that is something I haven't had to endure yet.

The hours are there... they are just not being given to you, for some reason. Usually Flow or Backroom ends up eating them. Just print out that Adjacency Calendar every week and show it to your leaders. Don't use TWT to estimate hours. This is POG + Salesfloor hours for SalesPlans, so you won't get all of what it's showing there (you're not setting SalesPlans too, are you?) These next two weeks aren't too terrible, so hopefully you can catch up. Sorry that I don't have any real words of wisdom... you just gotta tough it out, sometimes.

Take care.

PS. Forgive me if I say anything that's like "obviously I do/don't do that"... I'm new here and don't know your history :)

Last edited:
Sounds to me like they are using you and your team for other than what they should be used for. If they are going to use your team for these other things than I would go to leadership and tell them they need to turn around and help you and your team finish your work and definitely fight for all of your hours!

We had a vendor set all the new battery outposts. Clearance is an ongoing issue. Best practice is for POG to remove and stage, but the sales floor ends up purging the clearance from the aisles to be set. Smart huddle takes away from everyone's task time.

i am part of the plano team and at my store our ptl makes us do our own post pog assesments we fill them out a the end of the day. depending what needs to be done each day and how big your aisle or pog is you may have only one aisle or you may have like 2 aisles to reset. we start at 4 or 6 depending on whats going on, our team can call the backroom first thing in the morning and half the time we never get stuff pulled

I used to have my team fill out their own PPAs but they weren't consistent and honestly we are always so far behind I let some things slide like signing and PPAs my signing guru goes behind and puts up stuff thats not carry forward (except backer we always put that up) Our DTL wants me to do all the follow up now and my ETL knows we are constantly shorted hours. I don't ever have them come to me and ask why we aren't getting done because they know they aren't giving us the time.. I actually print out the ADJ and my weekly schedule so they can see the discrepancies. We set shoes, the few things in accessories, all of intimates, basics and any wall (like jean walls) I know the hours go to flow and BR but it still sucks that they cant help pull my stuff once in awhile. Whenever I have a big team they always get excited because then I can just have my team push truck and smart huddle and everyone else gets to bail. Last week I think we left a total of 40 rev's 1 Pog in infants and the check lane pogs.. its just frustrating beyond belief. If they get rid of the pricing tl position and I get saddled with that, im dreading to think how little i will get done because our pricing team is always saddled with people who do a lot of talking and mess up alot. Sometimes we stage clearance and sometimes we dont. depends on the space available I actually have the table trend pog thats 4 weeks late because they filled the isle with clearance to set still lol

I am sorry for your troubles. We're a 7am store and I have Pricing and POG. You really just have to fight for your hours. Partner with your ETL and do your best to help them understand that you cannot do the work without the hours. With the newly revised Adjacency Calendar, POG hours are more scrutinized than ever. Make sure you are only being held responsible for what your team is supposed to set. How much do you set in Soft Lines (beyond shoes, intimates and basics)? Are you responsible for your own back stock? How much time do you spend moving and condensing clearance? These are all time killers that you are not given hours to do.

I had to just tie all of the battery outpost revisions and two revisions in HBA, this last week. It's the first time in a while that I have been behind. So I am going through the Adjacency Calendar and marking the discrepancies in hours allotted vs hours actually needed for certain revisions. I'm behind on my two week plan and PPAs, and I pencil whip my Vibe on a regular basis. I feel for you, for having to work truck... that is something I haven't had to endure yet.

The hours are there... they are just not being given to you, for some reason. Usually Flow or Backroom ends up eating them. Just print out that Adjacency Calendar every week and show it to your leaders. Don't use TWT to estimate hours. This is POG + Salesfloor hours for SalesPlans, so you won't get all of what it's showing there (you're not setting SalesPlans too, are you?) These next two weeks aren't too terrible, so hopefully you can catch up. Sorry that I don't have any real words of wisdom... you just gotta tough it out, sometimes.

Take care.

PS. Forgive me if I say anything that's like "obviously I do/don't do that"... I'm new here and don't know your history :)

Ive been toughing it out for the whole last year.. we went through the remodel and never got back to normal. I think my STL thinks we are miracle workers. But with everything happening the way it is and morale in the store at an all time low my team has just about given up caring.

Sounds to me like they are using you and your team for other than what they should be used for. If they are going to use your team for these other things than I would go to leadership and tell them they need to turn around and help you and your team finish your work and definitely fight for all of your hours!

Ive always thought of the pog team like dog the bounty hunters team.. we always bail everyone out but when it comes time to pay us back they run and we have to hunt them down.

Plano has always been the red headed step child of all the teams.
It's the first one to get its hours cut, the one that needs hours like crazy because it's work tends to be incredibly fiddly and labor intensive.
So of course the team is never given enough hours and if they are often it's with crew who only halfway know what they are doing.

The TL is trapped between trying to be on the floor and trying to get things planned out ahead of time.
If you don't do enough planning everything is going to go crashing into the wall.
If you spend too much time in the office your team is going to start goofing off or make stupid mistakes.

No other team seems to have as many bosses either.
Every TL and ETL thinks they can step into the middle of whatever plano is doing and correct them.
They also seem to think it's easy to drag you off to something else for a while because after all it's 'just an hour'.

You can only hope you have a good signing ninja and SFT because if either on is not on the ball there is another head ache.

You can do well at Plano if you have a winning personality, don't mind cutting corners, have a buddy in HR, are willing to work like a a cyclone, are super organized or a little of all of these.

It's the first one to get its hours cut, the one that needs hours like crazy because it's work tends to be incredibly fiddly and labor intensive.
So of course the team is never given enough hours and if they are often it's with crew who only halfway know what they are doing.

Gonna have to disagree with you, at least as my Super is concerned. We have always had as many hours to do our job as opposed to the flow team. Until now...

And we have a very, very tight team who can get things done, and we do our own pulls and back stock.

Don't use your brush to paint everyone...

that must be nice tiemypog... there are some weeks my STL takes 80 hours from plano.. honestly sometimes it doesn't matter, the hours forcast-ed are off, it doesn't take us as long but sometimes you need those hours.. market for instance and HBA are always time consuming with the cleaning and FIFO ... We do our own pulls but no BS...

Reactions: NOP
And they want us to merch Clearance on top of everything else! Yeah, setting new pogs, doing this that and the other, and then trying to find space for something that hasn't been selling...

Geez, that's really using our abilities.

On the bright side of things, we DO get paid by the hour...

Gonna have to disagree with you, at least as my Super is concerned. We have always had as many hours to do our job as opposed to the flow team. Until now...

And we have a very, very tight team who can get things done, and we do our own pulls and back stock.

Don't use your brush to paint everyone...

O.K.
You're right.
I made the mistake I've all too often accused others of, assumed that my experiences are the same as other stores.
In my defense I was also drawing from hundreds of posts that I've read of the years but you're right.
Not all stores are the same.

Last edited:
My experience is that POG and Flow get hours first. Then what is left goes to everyone else. POG especially has always been put on a pedestal.

rhett I wish I worked at your store lol.. pog at my store is the first tog et cut and hours go to logistics and pricing

Yeah it's tough. Best thing when the going gets rough is to have us set, then move on as the flow team fills behind us.

Which is *supposedly* the ideal, but can't say I've ever seen it done on any normal basis.

Only when we've been understaffed.

You are not alone. My STL never gives me the hours that I am suppose to have but expects me to get the workload complete. Now I am told today that they are combining pricing with presentation and I am also responsible for all salesplanners and visual adjacencies in softlines. I have an awesome team, we have always completed work ahead of schedule but the way they have been giving the hours since Christmas, we stay behind. Not sure how we will be able to complete everything with the new workload. I feel your frustration and believe me you are not alone.

Hours will be taken from the salesfloor and given to you. Salesfloor no longer needs as many since they are not building salesplanners. I doubt you will still get enough to finish, but you will be given more than you have now.

Hours will be taken from the salesfloor and given to you. Salesfloor no longer needs as many since they are not building salesplanners. I doubt you will still get enough to finish, but you will be given more than you have now.

My meeting had zilch about salesfloor losing salesplans.

I think that's something that might be coming down the pipe a little later. My STL almost forgot about it except my PTL told him that he might want to mention it when he was talking about combining pricing and pog and combining HL and SL into sales floor. He said that he wasn't sure when that went into effect, and that he did know that getting to headcount was the most important thing for stores first and foremost. But it is for sure coming. Having the PPTL own all of the transitions simplifies the process. Only one person has to keep up with TWT versus 2 ETLs and the PTL and Sales Floor TLs (SFTLs?...the need an abbreviaiton lol).

POG getting the salesplanners is fine with me. It would be nice if they could figure out how to balance out the weekly workloads tho. Workloads going from 400 hours to 60 hours the next week and back to 220 hours the week after makes no sense at all. Not exact numbers, but you get the point.

that must be nice tiemypog... there are some weeks my STL takes 80 hours from plano.. honestly sometimes it doesn't matter, the hours forcast-ed are off, it doesn't take us as long but sometimes you need those hours.. market for instance and HBA are always time consuming with the cleaning and FIFO ... We do our own pulls but no BS...

Or you can do what my team does to cut corners...fake the ties, throw out the new backer paper, dump all the fixtures in the fixture room, and forget about FIFO and cleaning.

i remember vaguely them saying we would be taking over sp's but i dont really care at this point. ill talk to my etl today and get the real LD. we have 3 open tl positions im considering telling them im ready fo something new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back