• Thread starter slinesslavegirl
  • Start date
  • Replies 9
  • Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

slinesslavegirl

so i have been with spot going on 10 years now i have done almost every part of the store.. the position i was in last year was great and the team i was on we always had hours. then 4th quarter came and our team has hours for a short period of time but once dec hits we have essentially no workload in plano. during the early months of 4th quarter they went and hired a a few new tms for plano which i thought was odd since our workloads would shift for nov/dec. i also set tune in they give me one day to set that 4 hours and someone else whos in plano comes in the next day and fills the new releases before the store opens..

so for the past few weeks its 1 day a week i dont even see a paycheck they are still taking out medical i have a 401k loan that i still owe money on once everything taken care of i am left with 0-16 dollars depending on the week.

i never see my hr because the only day i do come in she has gone for the day. my last coaching was in may of 2012 and that was because something with one of my shelves was wrong. i am never called to the office i dont even get called in if someone calls out and they know i am avail to come in.

i feel like i need to contact corp and vent to them but then i also feel doing that my hr might get offended that i did not come to her ( if she is not on when i am working my only day then how can i talk to her.

plus the swap book never has anything in it by the time i get to look at it on monday all the good shifts have been taking and there is nothing left

Calling corp isn't going to do anything for you. From what I understand every store is getting hours drastically slashed right now. We had to cut 70 hours from the schedule on Monday and then another 150 on Tuesday. It's to the point where it's ridiculous. We have one person closing on each side of the salesfloor with only two cashiers and one guest service. we have no more mid shifts. I'm going into this weekend with 4 closing tms for the entire salesfloor. Flow is getting sent home before lunch. Hours just suck right now. I do have sympathy for you on the bills to pay. I understand that. But in reality, everyone has bills to pay, so I don't think bringing up a personal loan to anyone is going to get you very far.

I would suggest that you try to keep your head up, show up for all your scheduled shifts and talk to all your team leads and ETLs about picking up extra shifts whenever you can. It wouldn't help much at my store right now because we are not replacing any call ins. But once it gets toward the end of may and early june, hours should start to pick up again. Plano workload should start picking up here soon. My plano team also only worked one day this week.

i forgot to add that they unofficaly stoped giving me plano hours. my store will do that without telling the person they want you off a team they will start shifting your hours to as little as possible. i cant figure out why i never had any issues when i was working plano it suxs

That's weird. I'd talk to the POG TL and the ETL-HR and figure out what is going on. It sounds like they're trying to cross train tms to make the team more flexible, but I honestly couldn't say.

That's weird. I'd talk to the POG TL and the ETL-HR and figure out what is going on. It sounds like they're trying to cross train tms to make the team more flexible, but I honestly couldn't say.

This^
is your availablity limited? it is suggested to ck the swap shift & call in everyday looking for shifts to take. also, talk to the gstl, they can help you get some hours too.

You mentioned all the good shifts are taken. So does that mean you refuse to take one you don't deem as good? You want to talk to HR but can't because she's not there on your day to work right? Go in to the store, or call her. What do you expect to happen if you contact 'corp'?

I don't know if this is what the op means by "good shifts" but to me it's shifts that are on days I'm already scheduled for or days that I really can't take. Sometimes it's just in areas that I'm not trained in. I have noticed that with hrs as tight as they are there really aren't that many shifts up there.

I don't know if this is what the op means by "good shifts" but to me it's shifts that are on days I'm already scheduled for or days that I really can't take. Sometimes it's just in areas that I'm not trained in. I have noticed that with hrs as tight as they are there really aren't that many shifts up there.

This. The vast majority of the cashing shifts I see in the book are for days that I'm not available (because I work another job) or when I'm already scheduled. The only other workcenter I know is hardlines, so that doesn't help me much.

I did manage to pick up a shift last night for tonight (got it approved last night). I don't get that many Saturdays off and really didn't want to take it but the girl who posted it is one of the nicer tms and she was desperate. Also, I did kinda need the hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back