Archived Fuck the "dayside pushes grocery" change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before my store took over overnight's push of grocery, the team I was on was able to get everything done and more almost every day. (The exception being when the FDC truck was late) My ETL has told us repeatedly we were the best team he has ever had in 7 years, and I believed him. We were constantly the only department who actually finished on time. We worked hard and we enjoyed it.

Now we can barely manage half.

We did hire some new people, but it's not enough. I don't know if they are getting anymore.

I heard that corporate or someone (maybe the DTL?) claims that each uboat full of stuff from the truck can be pushed in 20 minutes. He's pushing my STL to get it done that fast. My STL is pushing for 40. But this only proves how out of touch these people are since each uboat takes, on average, an hour!

Everyone is stressed. My team lead and etl are very understanding about the ridiculousness of it all, but with constant, impossible pressure put on by the STL and his boss', this is too much and I am going to be finding work elsewhere.

To top it off, because Target raised their minimum wage without properly adjusting the pay rate of its employees, I went from making ~0.50$ more to ~0.10$ than those who are new.

This company is now asking more for less, and frankly it's no longer worth it. My store can't be the only one like this, can it?

this is too much and I am going to be finding work elsewhere.

I never really understood this, do what you can and let your team lead and etl worry about the work load being unrealistic that is why they are paid to directly answer to the STL and you to them.

To top it off, because Target raised their minimum wage without properly adjusting the pay rate of its employees, I went from making ~0.50$ more to ~0.10$ than those who are new.

This is kind of a dumb complaint. Non PAs in market used to only make base/minimum wage. They raised it to fifty cents over earlier this year.

So for you to complain about raises for new people when you probably got one back in April is pretty silly.

Go complain to a gsa, service desk or receiver about raises.

I never really understood this, do what you can and let your team lead and etl worry about the work load being unrealistic that is why they are paid to directly answer to the STL and you to them.

I am not market but SL, but I can see where the OP is coming from. My TLs get stressed out from the ETL or STL's demands and then they in turn stress me out. I also feel that the work is way too much for those of us on E2E teams. As far as push goes, it seemed to go a lot better when the flow team took care of it. Were they good with merchandising? They weren't trained to do that, so maybe they would be. Many days I have pushed truck alone, or done 80-90% of the push alone. It's not going well. We cannot keep any new hires either. Its very frustrating. While I am pleased to have gotten a raise, it does bother me that I am being paid the same as new tms. And yeah, I understand how other work centers feel about the new paygrade changes.

Kinda feel you on this. I got a raise in April, but had only started in November last year so it was a small raise. But now I make the same amount as someone just hired today because of the minimum bump. Really, I should be making the same amount over minimum I was making before the company wide bump in minimum.

My TLs get stressed out from the ETL or STL's demands and then they in turn stress me out.

The OP said the TL and ETL know the work load is unrealistic so why stress? I could see if your TL was on your *** but it's like the tms who freak out over a visit.

It doesn't effect you if the dtl gets pissed. Where is @jb08045 when you need him

Yeah the raises aren't fair at all but If you are getting a raise at all that's worth being thankful for.

The shareholders don't care about existing talent they do the raises to recruit new talent.

Yeah the raises aren't fair at all but If you are getting a raise at all that's worth being thankful for.

The shareholders don't care about existing talent they do the raises to recruit new talent.
Exactly. Which is why I didn't really make a big deal about it (or any deal really). It's not fair...but it never is when you are a peon.

And who the hell is going to be newly hired and take on a role like Receiving, HR, or Signing TM. to make the same amount as someone hired to be a Cashier (Sorry Cashiers). Also who the hell CURRENTLY working for Target is going to want to transition into these positions, since it isn't a promotion, and all come with infinitely more Stress/Expectations/are the most global positions in the store bar none.

Please remember it's up to HR's discretion how much they want to offer you in a position. New TMs coming in don't fully know what a position entails let alone the pay difference for each. I've seen people come in and were ecstatic with what we offered them.

I get you. I also take on the stress and even my etl-log noticed the other day. Realistically though if you are not being developed its not your concern unless they are pushing on you and being asses. If they are remind them is your job to punch in, work your as off, and punch out. Its their job too see that enough other perple do that to manage the workload. Leaving isn't goin to change retail, every other retailer has similar issues.

Please remember it's up to HR's discretion how much they want to offer you in a position. New TMs coming in don't fully know what a position entails let alone the pay difference for each. I've seen people come in and were ecstatic with what we offered them.

Depends on the position. I hired a beauty tm 25 cents over base due to a miscommunication and my DTL got a notification and wanted to meet with me and my stl

So while there is lots of haggling for team leads and above. You can't really give tms over base without having to answer for it.

So while there is lots of haggling for team leads and above. You can't really give tms over base without having to answer for it.

Really? Is this new? I've been told by a couple TMs who've left for other jobs that HR tried to get them to stay by offering an increased wage to try to match the other job.

Really? Is this new? I've been told by a couple TMs who've left for other jobs that HR tried to get them to stay by offering an increased wage to try to match the other job.

It must be since I haggled and was hired in over base by a good amount as a TM..

A little different offering someone a raise to keep them than hiring someone new and paying them over base. The new guide says experience pay is for team leads and vms only

It kinda depends on the hrbp, some are by the book no raises at all some are flexible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back