Archived Full time benefits question

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm officially full-time now. What exactly does that mean benefits-wise, except that I get to keep the "insurance?"

Thanks! I had waited to see if I would get a new benefits package from corporate, but clearly that won't be happening.

That's the plan! Though the ultimate plan would be moving on to an actual job in my field by then, if I can get through all the professional hoops I'm working through.

Question on the personal holiday hours. Do those start accruing once you hit 32 hour average or do you have to have that average at the beginning of the calender year?

Question on the personal holiday hours. Do those start accruing once you hit 32 hour average or do you have to have that average at the beginning of the calender year?

I recently called TMSC about this as I thought I should be accruing personal hours, but was not. The guy I spoke with said that there was a length of service requirement as well as an average hours requirement. He said the average hours requirement was based off of what they calculated at the beginning of the year.

They deemed that I was eligible and said I should see a lump of PH appear on my paycheck in the next 4 pay periods.

Now a few questions of my own: How quickly does personal time accrue? Is there a simple formula like for vacation time? Also, does anyone know the maximum amount of PH you may accrue without spending? When do they start accruing after you become eligible, Jan 1 or the start of the fiscal year (what my HR thought)?

Odd you would think it would be the same as vacation time. I started accruing that as soon as I hit I believe 20 hours average. Finally coming close to the 32 average tho, I would hate to have to wait until next year to start accruing personal holiday hours.

I don't think it is the same as vacation time. I do not know the length of service requirement but I believe the hour requirement is 32 hrs as of Jan 1.

As for mentioning the vacation time, I meant to see if anyone knows how to calculate the PH accrual rate like you can with vacation time:

Time with target.....Vacation hrs accrued during pay period
0-5 yrs....................Pay period hrs divided by 52
5-10 yrs..................Pay period hrs divided by 26
10+ yrs...................Pay period hrs divided by 17.33

Also, does anyone know the maximum amount of PH you may accrue without spending?
You can accrue up to twice the annual amt.
Once you hit that limit, you don't accrue any more until you start using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back