Archived FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.
After taking the BTS 2019 survey I clocked out and went home for the day. The next day some bills came up, being the 1st of May, and I couldn't pay up because my hours got cut to one day a week. I called and told the ETL the reason I was resigning effective immediately. Then I called the unrmployment office and told them I quit because of safety concerns and bad work conditions. While I was at it I thought reporting HR, ETL's and LOD's would change things so I called Target Integrity Hotline the day after I quit. Then I called an attorney and told them all about my boss asking me to clock out and finish working, the HR telling the LOD that I told HR about the lazy LOD leaving me to finish his job after he clocked out early. There were times that the LODs would berate me and they eventually cut my hours, but gave everyone else hours even though they were new and not as fast and reliable. The list goes on. The attorney is on the case and I make more now on unemployment than a few weeks ago! God bless America!

Good luck with that because Target will likely bribe you to drop your lawsuit.

Good for you for quitting you shouldn’t have to take unsafe working conditions, asshole bosses and no hours so can’t pay your bills. Good luck and I hope everything works out.

Of course, you know that your employment agreement with Target does not allow you to sue in court. They require you to use "arbitration", a private "kangaroo court" setting. Most lawyers won't work on arbitration cases. You can challenge Spot on unemployment, but forget about suing them over anything else, you will be forced into arbitration and the odds are stacked against you.

I was out on short term disability due to an illness. I made more on disability pay than I do now because of hours being cut. More than 15 years with the company and I get to look for another job. I will keep this one... pay is good after this amount of time... but I haven't worked 2 jobs in a very long time. I hope this works with having to have open availability. Seriously.... what other business that doesn't involve being an obstetrician (and even that's a maybe) needs you to be available during every single business hour?

Seriously.... what other business that doesn't involve being an obstetrician (and even that's a maybe) needs you to be available during every single business hour?
Sadly, I can name one retail job. My husband is manager of a specialty retail store, and he has always had to keep people at under 29 hours a week. A few weeks ago his corporate office told him that he now had restrictions on the number of people he could have in each position. Mandated limited hours plus mandated restricted positions means that he needs people who he can plug in anywhere during the week, and he can't make several part time availabilities work to fit the store needs anymore. He hates it because he knows it's not fair, but he has to have coverage of those positions at all times.

Now that I type this, I wonder if Target corporate is doing something similar to the store level.

Sadly, I can name one retail job. My husband is manager of a specialty retail store, and he has always had to keep people at under 29 hours a week. A few weeks ago his corporate office told him that he now had restrictions on the number of people he could have in each position. Mandated limited hours plus mandated restricted positions means that he needs people who he can plug in anywhere during the week, and he can't make several part time availabilities work to fit the store needs anymore. He hates it because he knows it's not fair, but he has to have coverage of those positions at all times.

Now that I type this, I wonder if Target corporate is doing something similar to the store level.
I would call this a corporate "want", not a corporate "need". I wasn't even thinking of fairness. I was just thinking it is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back