Archived Get Apps on Personal iPhone for New ETL

Status
Not open for further replies.

koedy26

kvai
Anybody know where to get set up with myPerformance, Red Wire, etc. on a personal device? New in role and just got access to email from home and I am hoping to get set up while I'm off.

Thanks

Welcome!
You need to change your user name, please. You might not be able to get those apps on your personal phone because it is unsecured.

Do you need to have AirWatch (or similar) on your personal phone to download apps? If so, I'd be wary. At my day job, someone accidentally wiped a bunch of people's phones thanks to that (I think they changed things after to make that harder, but still. Company can wipe your phone.). I do not have any work email or apps on my personal phone. Can Target make you use your personal phone for ETL business? Do they pay part of your cell phone plan, at least, if so?

Yeah, if it were me, I'd make them get me a phone if they wanted me to access those apps all the time. I don't know if that's realistic for ETLs, but at my dayjob, I figure if they need me that badly outside of office hours, they can pay for a phone (spoiler: they don't). It's not worth the risk to my personal phone, even if the risk is small, and on general principle.

Yeah, if it were me, I'd make them get me a phone if they wanted me to access those apps all the time. I don't know if that's realistic for ETLs, but at my dayjob, I figure if they need me that badly outside of office hours, they can pay for a phone (spoiler: they don't). It's not worth the risk to my personal phone, even if the risk is small, and on general principle.

Remember they are salaried so they are technically always on the clock.

If I remember correctly the stl can get a phone paid for by corporate. Most people don't want to go through that trouble but it's an option.

I would never agree to have Airwatch or anything like that installed on my phone. I know it can track your exact location, and it also gives them the ability to see what you’re doing with the device. It’s all in the name... Air’watch’. No thanks.

I agree. If they truly want me to be available off the clock for more than just text messages or emails, or websites I can access via login on my home computer, they're free to provide me with a mobile device.

(If were an ETL, that is. But I'm not.)

I agree. If they truly want me to be available off the clock for more than just text messages or emails, or websites I can access via login on my home computer, they're free to provide me with a mobile device.

(If were an ETL, that is. But I'm not.)
but again as ETL you're never off the clock bc you're salaried.

Pfft. I'm salaried at my day job, and have never been considered "never off the clock." The assumption behind exempt employment isn't "works 168 hours a week" but that the hours of the job may fluctuate weekly, so there may be more days/weeks that you work more than expected (often in exchange for flexibility at other times), not that you are tethered to your phone 24x7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back