Archived Getting Called In

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely agree with that. She should be thankful your even there period. She should be happy you came in at all not complaining about it.

I just thought of one of those kind of retail stories you try to repress.

It was Saturday afternoon, my day off, I was sitting on the couch, drinking some beer and watching TV.

My phone rang and I was stupid enough to answer it.

The girl on the phone said they had one cashier call in and another was a no call no show, could I come in?

I said, okay, what time?

I don't remember what time it was but whatever it was, I was about 15 minutes late.

She then got up my *word I can't use here* about being late.

I flat out told her, you should just be glad that I'm here at all.

I've stopped answering the phone when I see it's the store calling on a day I'm scheduled because I KNOW what they're going to ask and which tech they're asking for. Twice, it's been down to one of the two of us to leave early and both times, she's been the one to leave, even despite the fact that I almost passed out at work the other day because I wasn't feeling well. She mentioned that day that she wished she didn't have to work Friday because her kids didn't have school and wouldn't you know it? She "had a headache and needed to leave" so they wanted me to come in early (even though I was already scheduled 12-9) and said I'd "probably get to leave early"...I got there about 30 minutes early, but didn't get to leave early because we were crazy busy:hysteric:

I put full availability on my application when I was hired months ago, but lately I got called in everyday to either come in early or on my day off. I only live about 10 miles away but I have to get rides to and from work from friends since our bus system goes no where near the store and it's 120 degrees in the summer. But I give whoever is driving me my schedule so they know when to pick me up, drop me off, etc. Just the other day they said hey can you stay until closing? And I said no I can't...then they said oh well why not? Someone called out and you'd get more hours. And I said my ride is waiting for me outside and it's too late of notice to get someone else to get me at 10:30 at night and inconvenience the person outside. It was weird of them to question me about it especially last minute when I was due to clock out in less than 10 minutes. Oh well....but later I found out that one employees would call out almost daily. Never have had to call out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back