Archived Getting coached for overtime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll want to DOCUMENT all of your conversations, WHO told you to STAY past your scheduled shift, etc. Make sure you TELL them that by staying it MIGHT lead to OT just to protect yourself. Usually you can get away with about an hour or so, but getting any more than that will likely be a red flag

yes you can get coached for overtime. one of our TLs was reamed out by our STL for getting one minute of OT. Don't get me started on the compliance issues either. They have it now where people live in fear of the timeclock...we all have to punch in and out on time...not out by 5 minutes after your shift ends...coaching.

Ugh, I'm somewhat often over 5 minutes late to punch out at guest service, never been coached for it, not actually sure I've ever been "coached" for anything though. quite often I'll tell the GSA that it's time for me to go and ask if she wants me to go, or to keep helping till the line is shorter and/or he gets someone off a lane to take over for me, and she'll have me stay 5-10 minutes after my shift ends.

The GSTL has taken me into the offices twice and discussed issues with me, but I didn't have to sign anything, is that coaching, or if "coached" do you verbally sign verifying acknowledgement or something of the sort?

One of the times was when I'd just started, was a guest trying to scam with visa gift cards and coupons, they bought $200 of gift cards, and then bought other items and used a shit ton of coupons on them, driving the total cost under $200, thus using the gift cards as a buffer letting them get the items for less than free. I caugt on, but later than I should have, I scanned most of the coupons, and realized the total was less than the total of the giftcards alone, and told the guest that items couldn't be ls than free, and started voiding coupons and turned on my light to get the GSA's attention.

The guest in the end got angry and left and I voided the entire transaction, but the GSTL warned that if I had went through with the purchase and the sore had lost its ass that our chat would have been very different.

I assume that was not a coaching, but if I had let the guest complete the purchase that I'd have been coached?

Last edited:
There are documented and undocumented coachings. But the main thing to know is that only the GSTL can coach you. GSAs cannot discipline/coach you; they can only state Best Practice method.

Where you hitting over 40hrs for that week? Yes that can be a coaching.

If the you and your GSA/GSTL should realize what your weekly hours are before keeping you past your shift if your store is strict on overtime.

Just keep aware of Target's coupon policy.

There are documented and undocumented coachings. But the main thing to know is that only the GSTL can coach you. GSAs cannot discipline/coach you; they can only state Best Practice method.

Oh, neither time was overtime related, just wasn't sure what was really even classed as "coaching". Wasn't sure if there'd be something to sign to verify my acknowledgement of the discussion, etc.

Oh, neither time was overtime related, just wasn't sure what was really even classed as "coaching". Wasn't sure if there'd be something to sign to verify my acknowledgement of the discussion, etc.

Here's the thing...

They can be friendly warnings that never get put on paper, if the people like you and they think you are going to take what was said seriously.
However, if there is an effort to get rid of you those little talks will be added up and one day they will call you in to sign a paper with every one of them on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back