Getting fired over a Ps5

Got promoted to guest Bc I purchased a ps5 at my store. So word of advice don’t buy it even thought your TL says it’s okay.

Got promoted to guest Bc I purchased a ps5 at my store. So word of advice don’t buy it even thought your TL says it’s okay.

Were you working at the time? We had a senior TL and TM fired for the NES classics because they held it for themselves before guest can buy it. Even then, like @allnew2 said, it's online only.

Also your TL is an idiot.

Follow the rules, line up your mustard and salad dressing real nice like, wear good shoes, come in on time. Key phrase: Come In. Keep your mouth shut. You're likely a kid, hopefully you learned a lesson. Move forward. Think----- It's FREE.

It was a communication that ps5 are to be online order only no exceptions . You can’t even sell it to a guest in the store let alone tm buying it .
Sadly enough nobody in my store received that communication. Especially if you TL is saying over the walkie how you can come buy a ps5 on your 15 or lunch.

Follow the rules, line up your mustard and salad dressing real nice like, wear good shoes, come in on time. Key phrase: Come In. Keep your mouth shut. You're likely a kid, hopefully you learned a lesson. Move forward. Think----- It's FREE.
Don’t understand how this advice applies to the situation but okay

Were you working at the time? We had a senior TL and TM fired for the NES classics because they held it for themselves before guest can buy it. Even then, like @allnew2 said, it's online only.

Also your TL is an idiot.
Yes, two other coworkers purchased one as well. The TL said it was fine as long it was purchased on break or lunch. After my store manager found out she threatened everyone who brought one to bring it back or they would be terminated. We all brought it back and still got term.

Sadly enough nobody in my store received that communication. Especially if you TL is saying over the walkie how you can come buy a ps5 on your 15 or lunch.
Sorry I obviously don’t know how to text. Your TL*** & hey you can****

Your store should have a sign regarding the fact that PS5 and XBox series x/s are only available for purchase online and pickup at the store. Also, there has been plenty of communication regarding the policy on this on myDay and Workbench. Apparently neither you or your TL are checking these, which is actually a part of your job so that you can do your job. Your TL, at the very least, should be coached for multiple reasons. Since these aren't even allowed to be put on the floor at any time, the employee purchase policy was clearly violated.

Your store should have a sign regarding the fact that PS5 and XBox series x/s are only available for purchase online and pickup at the store. Also, there has been plenty of communication regarding the policy on this on myDay and Workbench. Apparently neither you or your TL are checking these, which is actually a part of your job so that you can do your job. Your TL, at the very least, should be coached for multiple reasons. Since these aren't even allowed to be put on the floor at any time, the employee purchase policy was clearly violated.
Lmao are you constantly checking on myDay and Workbench everyday? I don’t know what TM is going through Workbench reading up on current policy’s every day let alone every other day, be realistic. Wasn’t like there were a huddle or policies plastered anywhereThe last launch they sold the ps5s to guests that didn’t even do pick up/drive up. Did I just go in the back and grab one or even keeping track of it? No the TL was handing them out like candy and saying to take one on the walkie. As a TM I would trust my TL to read up on the policies and advise other wise but that wasn’t the case. Still don’t understand why my store manager would threaten me and tell us to bring it back otherwise it’s a term when I brought it back because clearly I didn’t know it was an issue. But even then she waited for me to come back to my shift, work a full 9, thinking that everything was fine and fire me at the end. Lolol Thanks though for your input.

Was the PS5 on the shelf where PS5s are located or did you hide it until you could purchase it? Did your TL get termed too? How did you even get your hot little hands on one? We lost a TM to this as well.

Was the PS5 on the shelf where PS5s are located or did you hide it until you could purchase it? Did your TL get termed too? How did you even get your hot little hands on one? We lost a TM to this as well.
Hahahaha hot little hands. They came on the truck. I was on flex at the time. My Inbound TL announced on the walkie “hey we received Ps5’s on the truck, if anyone wants one buy it on your break or lunch”. Then I noticed one other TM grabbing one so I thought oh maybe it’s okay and I asked the TL again can we buy them seriously and she said yes. So 2 coworkers and I brought one each. After an hour of my shift the store manager, ESTL and even the HR was contacting one of the coworkers saying for us to bring it back or we are terminated. So of course we brought them back before they put them online. We still ended up getting terminated including the TL.

Apparently
Lmao are you constantly checking on myDay and Workbench everyday? I don’t know what TM is going through Workbench reading up on current policy’s every day let alone every other day, be realistic. Wasn’t like there were a huddle or policies plastered anywhereThe last launch they sold the ps5s to guests that didn’t even do pick up/drive up. Did I just go in the back and grab one or even keeping track of it? No the TL was handing them out like candy and saying to take one on the walkie. As a TM I would trust my TL to read up on the policies and advise other wise but that wasn’t the case. Still don’t understand why my store manager would threaten me and tell us to bring it back otherwise it’s a term when I brought it back because clearly I didn’t know it was an issue. But even then she waited for me to come back to my shift, work a full 9, thinking that everything was fine and fire me at the end. Lolol Thanks though for your input.
Lol I do just cause otherwise no one would tell tech anything

Lmao are you constantly checking on myDay and Workbench everyday?
It's literally been on the front page of MyDay for well over a week. Also, grabbing anything off the truck that hasn't been put on the floor first is grounds for a coaching at the very least. Don't be bitter because you didn't think before just blindly trusting wrong information from your TL. These Target policies aren't secret.

Yes, every single day. I also check MPM to find out what my sales are and what our daily goal is. It's part of my job. More likely than not, this is how I have outstanding reviews and have been with the company since before some of our tms were born.

Last edited:
It's literally been on the front page of MyDay for well over a week. Also, grabbing anything off the truck that hasn't been put on the floor first is grounds for a coaching at the very least. Don't be bitter because you didn't think before just blindly trusting wrong information from your TL. These Target policies aren't secret
Lmao nobody is saying the policies are secret. Ps5s don’t go on the floor anyways. I’m not bitter either I was simply telling the story and what went on. Clearly the TL didn’t see that page either hahahaha and neither did a lot of my peers. Thanks for your input Cass.

Yes, every single day. I also check MPM to find out what my sales are and what our daily goal is. It's part of my job.
Are you a TL? Or even higher hahaha. Because every person I know at my store and district doesn’t come into work and automatically go into sales or myday. That’s my point. That’s great that you do but at the end of the day there are ppl who don’t, right?

Are you a TL? Or even higher hahaha. Because every person I know at my store and district doesn’t come into work and automatically go into sales or myday. That’s my point. That’s great that you do but at the end of the day there are ppl who don’t, right?
No, not a TL. No, not higher. Every single person at our store is expected to do this.

It was on workbench everyone got it. Like I said when in doubt you could have asked big brother aka AP instead . I know you said Ap wasn’t there but you could have wait. It sucks

Last edited:
Back