Getting fired over a Ps5

After launch we were allowed to sell whatever was left on the salesfloor. I would be shocked if any store had them a couple hours after opening. Before any store even got a restock of ps5s communication went out that all new consoles were to be sold through opu/du only. I agree that not all stores are on point with communication, but that isnt an excuse because the information was available for everyone. Its unfortunate that they were fired even after they brought them back, but likely the SDs hands were tied in that decision. Unless there was actually more to the story then what OP is stating, i think after they returned them only the TL should of been fired. Again, its likely that they were forced to fire everyone just to cover there backs.

Well every store is the same obviously

launch we were allowed to sell whatever was left on the salesfloor. I would be shocked if any store had them a couple hours after opening. Before any store even got a restock of ps5s communication went out that all new consoles were to be sold through opu/du only. I agree that not all stores are on point with communication, but that isnt an excuse becausethe information was available for everyone. Its
So I'm assuming the TL also got fired then?
Yes and two TM

Here we go again with the secrets. I’m literally just explaining the situation and how it went down. Idk why it’s so hard to believe that TMs don’t read their MyDay communication especially if you go into work for 2+ years just heading straight into the workload. Be real
Where they purchased before the store opened? A person who has worked for 2 years at target should know better if it was. Either way it sucks they said they wouldnt fire you if you brought it back but im assuming the SD was told that they had to fire everyone.

Well it was an overnight. The truck came in at 10pm. I was doing SFS and it wasn’t online yet. But the TL announced it around 2am asking if anybody wants one and to buy it at self checkout on your break/lunch

Jesus... TL thought it was ok to buy during store closing and made you use self checkout too. I want to slap this person. Checking out yourself for a PS5 is so suspect.

Where they purchased before the store opened? A person who has worked for 2 years at target should know better if it was. Either way it sucks they said they wouldnt fire you if you brought it back but im assuming the SD was told that they had to fire everyone.
Well we buy things when the store is closed because it was an overnight. People gotta eat and drink. But target isn’t out here reminding people or going through the policies when they first start working there. That’s why they even have issues with cashiers and fraud Bc they wait after the fact to mention something.

Is it corporate wide policy that regular TMs are to check all communications? Is time given for regular TMs to check all communications because it does detract from the 8 hours of work in a 4 hour shift? Is it easy for TMs to check communications rather than having to fight for computer time? If this is corporate policy, is it being communicated to all stores as an edict in stone, not subject to ASANTS, and corporate is fussy enough on this point to ensure it is being followed?

Finally, is Target at a point where TMs are to take time to check all communications because leadership cannot be trusted? That bothers me, that in this case people are saying to not trust one's supervisor, to go around them and see if the supervisor is lying.

Well we buy things when the store is closed because it was an overnight. People gotta eat and drink. But target isn’t out here reminding people or going through the policies when they first start working there. That’s why they even have issues with cashiers and fraud Bc they wait after the fact to mention something.
Yeah but there is a difference between buying a snack and a drink that have been on the sales floor for days and a ps5 that hasn't reached the salsefloor. When i was overnight i would open up self checkouts to let people buy food and whatever.

Is it corporate wide policy that regular TMs are to check all communications? Is time given for regular TMs to check all communications because it does detract from the 8 hours of work in a 4 hour shift? Is it easy for TMs to check communications rather than having to fight for computer time? If this is corporate policy, is it being communicated to all stores as an edict in stone, not subject to ASANTS, and corporate is fussy enough on this point to ensure it is being followed?

Finally, is Target at a point where TMs are to take time to check all communications because leadership cannot be trusted? That bothers me, that in this case people are saying to not trust one's supervisor, to go around them and see if the supervisor is lying.
I agree but ignorance isnt an excuse when it has been communicated so heavily. If it was anything other then the ps5/xbox it would of just been a simple coaching. I feel bad for the tms but the information is all over the place. The tl was probably just trying to be nice to the team but its completely mind blowing they didnt realize that it wasnt ok.

Yeah but there is a difference between buying a snack and a drink that have been on the sales floor for days and a ps5 that hasn't reached the salsefloor. When i was overnight i would open up self checkouts to let people buy food and whatever.
Yeah but when your TL is literally telling you that it is okay?

I agree but ignorance isnt an excuse when it has been communicated so heavily. If it was anything other then the ps5/xbox it would of just been a simple coaching. I feel bad for the tms but the information is all over the place. The tl was probably just trying to be nice to the team but its completely mind blowing they didnt realize that it wasnt ok.
Why would the TL try to be nice to the team??? Literally YOURE pulling excuses out your ass

Mr. TL/Manager ASANTS, all stores had them during launch date but not after. I’m in one of those stores. And why would tl risk her job for some random team members? No one who knew for a fact that it was not allowed would go ahead and do it anyway.

Yeah no i do feel bad its just likely your SD was forced to fire you anyway. Now you dont even get the ps5 either. Just a shitty situation all around.
Yeah clearly but it’s all good at the end of day. You live and learn.

Mr. TL/Manager ASANTS, all stores had them during launch date but not after. I’m in one of those stores. And why would tl risk her job for some random team members? No one who knew for a fact that it was not allowed would go ahead and do it anyway.
Even if it wasnt stated that ps5 was only for pick up/ drive up, its still against the team member buying guidelines that everyone has had training on when they are hired, posted at tsc, and havent changed. It sucks but you cant really go off the defense that your tl said it was ok.

Even if it wasnt stated that ps5 was only for pick up/ drive up, its still against the team member buying guidelines that everyone has had training on when they are hired, posted at tsc, and havent changed. It sucks but you cant really go off the defense that your tl said it was ok.
You can but okay

Why would the TL try to be nice to the team??? Literally YOURE pulling excuses out your ass
Im assuming the TL must be new because they would know better otherwise. So im thinking they are probably just trying to be nice and be the cool team lead that helped the tms get sometging that everyone wants. If the tl knew there job was on the line i doubt they would do it.

It's an overall shit situation. TL deserved to be termed--there was plenty of info that a TL should have read for sure. I actually think your SD was probably sincere about you not getting fired if you brought them back. Higher up AP are watching, and he was probably made to do it.

Yeah
It's an overall shit situation. TL deserved to be termed--there was plenty of info that a TL should have read for sure. I actually think your SD was probably sincere about you not getting fired if you brought them back. Higher up AP are watching, and he was probably made to do it.
Yeah that’s probably what had to happen. Thank you

Back