Getting fired over a Ps5

Yes it was me and another TM. The 3rd one didn’t get fired bc she brought it on one of the TMs card and paid them back later on.

Well then now that we got the story and it makes sense. No need for me to give you shit. See how easy that was.

I started saying names??? Lmao like what. Please go into details
1. You called me a dimwit
2. You start calling me MrTL or whatever idc, but its obviously supposed to be a remark like im trying to be a stuck up TL.

I was pretty much agreeing with you that your TL pretty much screwed you over, albeit not on purpose most likely. Your SD probably didn't mean to lie to you about not getting fired. You came here thinking people would agree that it was messed up because they lied to you and that you shouldnt be fired. I just explained that not knowing the rules or tje policies doesnt excuse you of the consequences from breaking them. Not once did i stoop to your level but fuck it im glad i got a ps5, legit btw, and that you dont have one. You are immature and its ok maybe you'll grow up one day.

2. You start calling me MrTL or whatever idc, but its obviously supposed to be a remark like im trying to be a stuck up TL.

I was pretty much agreeing with you that your TL pretty much screwed you over, albeit not on purpose most likely. Your SD probably didn't mean to lie to you about not getting fired. You came here thinking people would agree that it was messed up because they lied to you and that you shouldnt be fired. I just explained that not knowing the rules or tje policies doesnt excuse you of the consequences from breaking them. Not once did i stoop to your level but fuck it im glad i got a ps5, legit btw, and that you dont have one. You are immature and its ok maybe you'll grow up one day.
I actually have one lmao I was trying to think about my family but I’m sorry calling you a dimwit

These threads always start out innocent enough and then evolve into the OP becoming defensive and immature. Which kind of reveals why they’re in the situation in the first place.
First of all this person is defending theyself against all those hateful comments, this use to be a place to vent and complain. hence the not actually give out names or locations, but ya want to act all high and mighty. Give me a break.

Really you crying over dimwit? People saying stupid,dumb, this that and you pick this, oh plz. And bravo you got a ps5. I hope it breaks on you and your receipt expires and you can’t return it. How’s that for immature. Let me mail you a cookie real quick.

Really you crying over dimwit? People saying stupid,dumb, this that and you pick this, oh plz. And bravo you got a ps5. I hope it breaks on you and your receipt expires and you can’t return it. How’s that for immature. Let me mail you a cookie real quick.
Are you an alt account of OP? 😅

You see you’re the one who wants to throw hurtful comments but it’s okay. Target wasn’t my career
Lol that wasnt hurtful, you were a team member at target who cares you can get another job its not the end of the world. It was a joke and i was serious atleast you have a ps5 then cuz i felt bad you brought it back and still got fired

Im not crying about anything. He asked and i responded. You are the other immature person here jumping on everyone else explaining to OP there is nothing he can do. Op started being immature so i stopped responding.

Basically I was on SFS that shift. The truck came in at 10pm. Around 2am the inbound TL said over the walkie “hey we received ps5s on the truck if you guys want one, grab one on your break/lunch”. The TL even handed a ps5 to one of the TMs. I thought okay maybe it is okay and I even asked my TL again they said yes go ahead. 2 other TMs and I brought the ps5. An hour later after my shift all of the higher ups started getting in contact with us to bring back the ps5s or it can result to being terminated. We brought them back. They were in inventory and they dropped a day later online with no issues. I came in the next day at 5am thinking everything was fine but my SD fired one of the TMs and that’s when I know I was donezo. I’m just telling my story about what happened to me. I’m not trying to get sympathy or empathy. I’m just talking
I think his reasoning was that you’re not supposed to buy high demand items unless you’re off the clock, thus the “buy it if you’re on lunch”. But the only issue is that PS5s are restricted to online sales only. He should’ve known this, and frankly I think he did know this because TLs are well kept up to date about policy.

Honestly everyone is just now attacking each other. You have people who came in here with lack or knowledge/lack of reading and attacking this person for no reason. They legit explained the situation and you guys are just bored in life and result to coming on here to pass your free time. It’s kinda sad tbh. You have trust in your TL’s and that’s why they’re a TL. Why would I question my TL’s actions and not grab a ps5? I would believe they know better than me. It was simply lack of communication. End of story. Not all targets are the same so people who are comparing their situations or why this shouldn’t have happened is irrelevant.

I think his reasoning was that you’re not supposed to buy high demand items unless you’re off the clock, thus the “buy it if you’re on lunch”. But the only issue is that PS5s are restricted to online sales only. He should’ve known this, and frankly I think he did know this because TLs are well kept up to date about policy.
Why would they know about the policy and cause to lose their own jobs and other TMs?

Maybe he thought he could get away with it. I would just be really surprised if he didn’t know, it’s been policy for 2 weeks now
Or maybe it was just a mistake or maybe they didn’t care. I couldn’t tell you but nobody is going to risk their job especially during COVID.

Back