Archived Getting in the door

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I love we enter through the front doors. We might be waiting, but we're waiting between the two sets of doors where it is climate controlled and dry.
This would be great if my store did it. But they would have to take down the alarm. I doubt they would do this. Is this an approved action that other spots could do?

I think it's approved. The alarm has the old alarm times on it for when the alarm could come off from when we were a 4am store. And it looks Spot official. And keep in mind, that's the only way we have to enter the building...we don't have a special entrance for TMs.

My store does a five-minutes-before/five-after from 4am to 6am, but the part of the country we are located we often have bad weather and the leadership is willing to bypass that rule and go let anyone in who rings the doorbell if the conditions are bad outside. The TL/ETL who opens the store in the morning keeps the doors locked until more leadership shows up at 6am, so there is definitely no incidence of the cleaning crew opening the doors. From time to time I have been near the door while my ETL was signing out keys or some such and I was asked to go push open the door for someone just arriving, but I was always within sight of the ETL and they locked it up again five minutes after the hour. We are fortunate to have a roof and a bit of walling around our entrance, so you might be waiting outside but you won't necessarily be soaked by rain or snow, maybe just a little cold.

Wow, some of these opening entrances seem odd to what I'm used to. Guess it varies from store to store. If I come in before the store has officially opened at 8am, I walk up to the side entrance and ring a door bell. I don't have to show any ID or TM card. The waive in entrance and display of ID seems kind of odd but I guess it just depends on your store or what type of neighborhood the store is in....??? Interesting....

Well it had been well over a month and I was still standing outside in the dark, (especially with the time change) alone with no leader coming at 5 before. When I say dark I mean dark. There are no exterior lights on outside the team member enterance. I complained and was told to call the store next time if no one comes to the door, the bell either does not work or they are ignoring it.. I called the hotline instead. Hopefully this will resolve the issue.

Well it had been well over a month and I was still standing outside in the dark, (especially with the time change) alone with no leader coming at 5 before. When I say dark I mean dark. There are no exterior lights on outside the team member enterance. I complained and was told to call the store next time if no one comes to the door, the bell either does not work or they are ignoring it.. I called the hotline instead. Hopefully this will resolve the issue.

That's where you take home a walkie the night before and use it when you're waiting at the door.

That's where you take home a walkie the night before and use it when you're waiting at the door.
Walkie's have been disappearing at an alarming rate. I believe we have 6-7 long chargers that could hold 6 walkie's each but we only have about 12 walkie's on hand. They are cracking down on the signing in and out of equipment because of this so taking a walkie home is not an option I have.

When I was on market unload a couple of years ago, we all had this problem. Sometimes they would be in TSC around our shift start time, sometimes they wouldn't. Sometimes they left a walkie out there, sometimes they didn't. One time they left a dead walkie out there, that was helpful. Sometimes I would call and they would answer, sometimes they wouldn't. Sometimes I got right in, sometimes I waited 30 minutes!

I live in a city where many TMs take buses so people would all arrive at different times but I would arrive around the shift start time and they would be there maybe 30% of the time. Was even more fun when a couple was fighting and screaming in the parking lot at 4:55am. Also when a random murder happened a block away. Oh was also fun with the bum living in the parking garage and stairwell. One time he was sleeping on the bench right by the door.

Dunno what goes on now. But yes, it was a huge hassle. Glad I don't have to do it anymore.

When I open at my other job, I have to pound on the door in order to be let in. And they don't hear me half the time.

My store's doorbell is located in the vestibule, so TMs are allowed to wait in the vestibule, with the second set of doors locked. It's pretty nice, since we don't have to wait in the wind, rain, snow, etc.

However, one morning I had a guest try to follow me in. I told her that due to security issues, she would have to wait in her car. She got mad, but went out to her car and sure enough, came in at 8:00.

She used the ATM, bought a soda, and left. The next week, the guest survery comments said; "I find it ridiculous that I was not allowed to use the ATM for a couple moments before the store opened. I really needed the money and it would have not been a "security issue" to let me in early.".... Never mind the fact, there is bank RIGHT ACROSS THE PARKING LOT from my store!!

It also sucks that a few teenagers have released the button in the vestibule is the doorbell... A certain group of kids now hits in whenever they leave or enter the button until I or the TPS yell at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back