Archived Getting in the door

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those stores that are not overnight and do not have a team member entrance door what time are you let in and what time does your LOD wait till at the door?

Totally depends on your location.
You'll be told during orientation.
Or you can call and ask to speak to logistics leader

The door is opened at 6:55am. It is left open for about five minutes or so (generally not monitored) as the LOD gets a chance to unarm the building, gets to the TSC and grabs a walkie to put at the middle manual door and they spend the next hour running to the door every other minute since people start at 7:00, 7:15, 7:30, 7:45 and 8:00am.

Or they just unlock the middle manual door and people let themselves in. But I don't like that so much ever since I had a guest try to follow me in one morning.

PA has been with Spot for a while. I suspect this is just an unscientific poll to see what other stores do.

We have a team door next to the cartwell doors that only opens from the inside with a doorbell. It's locked at night but left unlocked from 6 AM or so, but since it only opens from the inside it's effectively locked all day. Only key carrying LODs are generally allowed to answer the door.

Usually I only work when the store is open but if I'm setting the weekly ad on Sunday or something both my first store and my current one did not have a TM entrance and the LOD never left any doors unlocked. Occasionally they would be waiting at the door at key times (e.g., for flow at 4 AM) but most times they weren't there. I would ring the bell for the backroom and if they didn't come up in a few minutes I'd call the store and when the automated greeting said the store was closed I'd hit 0 and it would ring the night bell and the LOD would answer, so I'd tell them to let me in.

Yes I have been with spot for a while. I was more wondering what the process was at other stores.

The LOD will be at the front door at 5 before the hour and will stay till 5 after the hour. What is frustrating is when they do not arrive at the door till exactly on the hour especially during snow or rain storms. Some TMs do not drive so they get dropped by a taxi or bus and have to stand out there freezing or getting soaked

Our store had issues with the cleaning crew letting people in, so we are required to keep it locked even though it only opens from the inside. When I open, I make sure I am at the door at 5 till and stay there until everyone is in or it hits 5 after. Our policy is that if you're late to wait in your car and we'll let you in with the next group. Some of our LODs are more lenient about that policy than others. ;)

Our cleaning crew is nice enough to open the doors for those of us they (all 2 of them) recognize.

My store would probably be ok with that. But ours were letting non-TMs in prior to store open. AP flipped out when they learned people were browsing in electronics at 7:20 am.

We get let in when someone shows up to open the door. We have to show our drivers license and discount card (unless we have a Spot photo ID).

TSC had its own door.
You had quite a wait sometimes in the morning for someone to open the door before they started putting a walkie in the mailbox.
Never had to show ID.

3:55am for Flow team, they get let in throw the main doors since it's a large group
4:00 Anyone who shows up between 4am and 5:55am must ring the doorbell at the TM entrance, then the key carrier goes to the TSC to buzz them in
5:55am for price accuracy, instocks, market, br day
6:00am - 8:00am Anyone who shows up after 6am must ring the doorbell

Wow! I did not think anyone other than a key carrier could open a door. I don't mean unlock, I mean open.
Before the LOD can open the door they have to disarm the alarm also. I thought this was a safety feature

3:55-4:05, 4:55-5:05; 5:55-stays unlocked HR team member lets team in after 6. There is too much going on to keep running up to the door for team members who are late or decide to show up 20 minutes before their shift starts. Also its a safety thing. It's dark and you should be walking to the door with a buddy. Not showing up whenever and waiting outside in the dark alone waiting for someone to unlock a door

3:55-4:05, 4:55-5:05; 5:55-stays unlocked HR team member lets team in after 6. There is too much going on to keep running up to the door for team members who are late or decide to show up 20 minutes before their shift starts. Also its a safety thing. It's dark and you should be walking to the door with a buddy. Not showing up whenever and waiting outside in the dark alone waiting for someone to unlock a door

Some TMs do not drive so they get dropped by a taxi or bus and have to stand out there freezing or getting soaked

If you work before at or before 6 am at my store (so basically 4 am and 6 am teams) you wait in your car til the TL, LOD, or ETL there comes up and opens the door and waves everyone in. Typically it's about 5 minutes til, although it has been less before. If you start work between 7-8, you ring the bell and wait for someone to come let you in.

My store's policy is that everybody has to sit in their cars until the LOD comes out and waves everybody in.

6AM store here. LOD opens doors at 5:55AM and waves us in. Keeps them unlocked until 6:05, then unlocks every half hour until 730, then again at 7:45/8:00.

I love it when an ETL or key holder gets all bent out of shape for having to walk up to the front and unlock the door. You are getting paid big bucks to baby sit people. With great power comes great responsibility. But yeah I don't have sympathy for that. You are salary and making decent money compared to the minions that you baby sit so you shouldn't be giving me attitude that you have to walk up to the front and unlock a door. Get over it.

Yes, in a perfect world all TMs would have a vehicle. Some people have to call a taxi or get dropped off my the city bus. You are correct it is a safety thing. But I am looking at it from the person waiting in the cold, snow or rains point of view that can not control what time a bus or taxi drops them off.

My main point of grief with this is during stormy/freezing weather. These TMs do their best to get to work on time only to get ignored or abandoned at the door. A little bit of leeway should be given to these specific TMs I do not think it would be a special treatment type of thing just a curtesy. LODs know who drive and who get dropped

That's why I love we enter through the front doors. We might be waiting, but we're waiting between the two sets of doors where it is climate controlled and dry.

For those stores that are not overnight and do not have a team member entrance door what time are you let in and what time does your LOD wait till at the door?
Most days it is 6:55am-7:05am, 7:25am-7:35am, and 7:55pm-8:00am. On Sundays I believe they are at the doors at 5:55am-6:05am, as well. They won't open the door at other times, unless someone is scheduled at an odd time for weird reason.

That's why I love we enter through the front doors. We might be waiting, but we're waiting between the two sets of doors where it is climate controlled and dry.
Only if the outside cart door is unlocked. Tuesday it was not, so I waited with a few other people coming at 8am. It can be bad if the wind is blowing (when doesn't the wind here). I was there for my free biometric health screening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back