I'm Lost! Getting let go

So i started working at target in very early November, i was wondering when/if they'll let me go. Also how do you know, does someone tell you you're getting let go or do they just stop scheduling you? Im very confused .

Did they list you as seasonal? They might like you and want you stay. It’s usually around the 10th they let seasonal go from my recollection

ya on workday im listed as a seasonl worker. My schedule is already updated through the 25th of this month. Would someone tell me that theyre gonna keep me?

You should talk to TL or HR. Most likely they’re keeping you on the team. Usually they’ll ask if you want to stay tho. By the looks of it you’re officially on the team

ASANTS and all that jazz, but my store has already let seasonals go if we weren’t keeping them. If you want to know if you’re being kept just ask! They never talked to me about staying or not and now that it’s been over half a decade it would be an awkward conversation if they got to thinking about it and didn’t want to keep me..

Ask your TL. All of our non-keepers are gone now and that's probably true at your store too. It might feel sort of weird to ask, but wouldn't you rather get some affirmation that they want to keep you, instead of just continuing to wonder?

It was the seasonals last week, this week at my store. We kept about 5 tms. As far as I know, they were all informed of this about 2 weeks ago. Do you know any seasonals at your store - are they still being scheduled?

Just keep showing up! Maybe someone forgot to let you go or inform you that you were a 'keeper'. By the time someone figures out what was supposed to happen, they won't be able to terminate you because you'll have been there too long!
Technically seasonal employment can last 180 days...

There is nothing wrong about asking. You can even express your interest to stay in the job too. I also feel that you are safe by now. Our store let go all the seasonal TMs by 2nd week of January itself. If your department has less tms then there is even more chance to be kept. My store never says to TMs that they are kept in an official manner. But during end of month there would be a huddle where the ETL says all those who are still here are being kept and now the game is going to change 😂.

OP young and inexperienced. Shows from the post. Please don't start a sentence with the word "so." Next, just go into HR and tell them you want to know what their intentions are. Tell them you must know NOW, and don't accept any run around or passive aggressive bullshit. It they start up with the expected circuitous bullshit get firm and say "I've been here for (x) months and I want to know right now, am I staying on full time or not." If they say NO then ask them for a voluntary termination paper and walk out. Period. Do your two weeks then fuck them.

If you're looking for full time don't let the dog string you on. They will. Next seasonal hire is probably pre BTC and BTS. They'll just do it over again. OP don't waste your time (screw their time), go out and get a real gig w/ bennies. Never let anyone push you around.

OP young and inexperienced. Shows from the post. Please don't start a sentence with the word "so."

You're one of the last people on these forums I want to see trying to tell others how to format their posts. Your English is atrocious. I don't tend to be a grammar nazi, but I find it hard to resist when someone who can't write coherently tries nitpicking other peoples writing.

Your first two sentences are both butchered. Your third is criticizing someone else's writing.

Abbreviated sentences for emphasis, no time for beautiful writing. Beginning a sentence with the wrong word is not formatting, it's usage. Not "is criticizing" should be criticizes. Read a little more.

"is criticizing" should be criticizes.

Completely incorrect. Either phrasing is perfectly valid English.

Abbreviated sentences for emphasis

OP young and inexperienced. Shows from the post.

The OP is young and experienced; it shows from the post.

That has no less emphasis. It also takes no more time to write. You're not saving time by writing that way, you're just being a hypocrite by trying to correct others when 90% of your posts on this site are butchered, sometimes to the point that they lack anything resembling coherency.

Last edited:
Back