Archived Getting Rid of Guest Services?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard a rumor at work today (while in guest service) that they soon plan on getting rid of Guest Services and making guest go to cashier for returns and such. This sounds like a hassle. What are they going to do with these returns, there's not a lot of room at register for them and I can just feel how much more work this will be than having a guest service area.

Hopefully this is a rumor or they can the idea. Anyone heard anything about this?

I know what this looks like.

Basically, they take your two "Express" check lanes away, and convert them to the returns counter.

Your Old Guest Service desk area, will become a mix of one spot and expanded seasonal.

We just got this with our remodel. It may look good on paper but believe me it does not work at all. All spot has done is removed a cashier position and made the GSA/GSTL do all the Guest Service tasks.

This would be horrible. I don't know why they would have to ruin a system that works fine.

I don't know about all Target's but our Guest Service does returns, and sorts out all the abandons (don't know the technical term). This would be nearly impossible with the new system and a lot less productive.

I think this is only intended for non super target stores, but i could be wrong.

I think this is only intended for non super target stores, but i could be wrong.

I'm not sure but it wouldn't be too terrible I don't think! There are two sets of express lanes in Super's... 4 of them on grocery side and 4 on GM... If you left the grocery ones and took out the GM ones for iGS it could probably work! Best Practice for Super Targets with two doors says to have one cashier on GM side and then all the rest on grocery side... with an iGS on GM side you could just keep all your cashiers down on grocery unless its really busy down by the other doors!

We only have express (4) on grocery.. We have at least 1 cashier on gm and without iGS they're usually consistently 1+1, during busy times of the day we have 2-3 people on GM and 8-10 (more on a weekend) on grocery.

iGS would be horrible at a super target imo (at least mine).

iGS would not work at my SuperTarget. With the number of returns and the amount of re-shop from the cash lanes, we'd bury the iGS lanes by noon every day. lol

I'm not sure but it wouldn't be too terrible I don't think! There are two sets of express lanes in Super's... 4 of them on grocery side and 4 on GM... If you left the grocery ones and took out the GM ones for iGS it could probably work! Best Practice for Super Targets with two doors says to have one cashier on GM side and then all the rest on grocery side... with an iGS on GM side you could just keep all your cashiers down on grocery unless its really busy down by the other doors!

I'm not sure of all Supers but ours was converted a few years ago. We have three express on the grocery side and only one express on the GM side. We only use the GM express during late 3rd quarter and all of 4th quarter due to staffing levels. 1st and 2nd quarter staffing doesn't make GM express feasible.

Because of this IGS would not be realistic at our store because our current GS is located on the GM side. If our store did move to IGS it would be a nightmare!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back