Archived Getting Weekends Off..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanna work at your store! You work 2 weekend days a month??

pretty much, yeah! believe me, no one was more surprised than me when i was hired for this job and i found out i basically never have to work weekends. knock on wood in case it changes, ig!

There used to be several TMs at our store who got all the hours they needed M-F and didn't work weekends. Some of them quit when they were told they'd have to work weekends.

They've made deals with a lot of our TMs for an every other weekend schedule.

I work every weekend, which I only hate because of the number of guests in the store. But when I do want one off for one reason or another, the leads never gripe about it because they know I work all the others without complaining to them about having to do so.

At my store Receiving (one lady), a Flex tm, and Closing Team Lead are the only ones with every weekend off.

Last edited:
How hard is it to get weekends off ? Do you have to be a team member for a certain length of time?
What exactly are the qualifications?
A cashier at my old store got open-3pm mon-fri after working there a few years. She told me at the time that it was because she worked there for a while, however she did get the most red card sign ups in the store so who knows if that was part of the reason why she got that schedule 🤷‍♀️.

At my store Receiving (one lady), a Flex tm, and Closing Team Lead are the only ones with every weekend off.
Closing Lead is the only one in our store with every weekend off.
You guys are forgetting the PMT.

One of our DBOs works Monday-Friday weekends off. 5 days/36hrs. The secondary person for their area coincidentally can only work weekends.

Weekends off can happen for rockstar indispensable TMs if your leadership won’t scoff at the idea of it, and you have that balance of TMs who want or can only work on weekends.

Planning on making Monday-Friday for my closing experts happen. They’re my direct reports, my team of versatile fixers, doing what most TMs don’t want to do and closing all the time. I don’t need them being pulled in the wrong direction while I’m not around on the weekends.

A cashier at my old store got open-3pm mon-fri after working there a few years. She told me at the time that it was because she worked there for a while, however she did get the most red card sign ups in the store so who knows if that was part of the reason why she got that schedule 🤷‍♀️.
Same at my store.

I actually enjoy weekend work because it's busier. My chief problem is boredom when traffic is slow.

Having said that, though, we have a couple of tms who NEVER work weekends, NEVER work the hard holidays, NEVER work nights. The unfairness is blatant.

Things got better when scheduling was no longer the job of my supervisor. Now, I get some weekend slots off, get more hours scheduled rather than gett inng called in, and I don't work nights all the time. We rotate.

Truth be told, the supervisor is friendly outside of work with some folks, and that favoritism showed in scheduling. Now, the system is fairer.

One gsa works when she feels like it, but I suspect her games are going to end soon. The one still never really rotates, but I don't envy her, really. Like I said, strictly days is boring to me.

Time and a half pay make working Sunday sooo attractive .

You only get that in the few states that mandate it. It's regular pay on Sundays at my store. Still not a bad day to work. It's super quiet in the mornings and by the time it gets busy on the downhill of my shift. Saturday is the awful shift to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back