Archived Ghosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happens here and happened at my old job too. Was there for 20+ years and saw everything, including people who just stopped showing up, new hires that never showed up for orientation or never showed up for their first floor shift, and people who just walked out of the store without telling anyone, left and never came back.

Last edited:
One quit the other day in the middle of a shift. Claimed she wanted to focus more on school.
#1 it's summer.
#2 she goes to community college and takes a minimal load.

When I was head of Footwear at my old job, I had two stock associates who just walked out and never came back. One did it when I was there - told someone he was going on break and that was that. He had only worked there a couple of months. The other had been with us for at least a couple of years, and just decided one day while he was standing in the middle of a particularly big shoe delivery that he had had enough. I wasn't working that day. I spoke to both of them after their disappearing acts, and they both said they looked around the stockroom at the piles of shoes and just basically said F*ck this sh*t.

I did not take it personally at all, lol. I know it had nothing to do with me. The one who had been there for years ended up wanting to come back a few months later after realizing that the grass was not greener on the other side, and I would have given him another chance, but upper management was not amendable.

Our last to do this was really nice and reliable so we were all surprised and we definitely miss what she brought. She did go on a very large grocery trip the day before... I guess to use that discount one last time and then never see us again!

I’ve fantasized about ghosting.......i’m Mostly curious how long it would take for anyone to notice. Actually wonder IF anyone would call me ?
Would it be assumed I quit or would it be thought that there MUST have been an emergency after so many years of perfect attendance ?

My favorite daydream is HOW i’m Gonna leave someday........with a send off, a party, a good-bye/good luck card in hand, in silence or with a dramatic scene,
with a two week notice or pure shocking surprise, as a walk-out, like a ghost, or one let loose tell-off, saying all the things i’ve Only thought to myself and never dared say aloud ? can’t leave til I decide HOW. So long as it is MY choice ! NO walk of shame for me !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back