Archived Gift Cards!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm soo tired of the delays.. Been having the same problems with guests. They act like it's my own personal rule I made up. Lol. Is there an override or something?

uhh if you could maybe not, because aside from the fact that we don't have the space to scan and bag all of their items, we don't have the time to scratch off a million different GiftCards either. I know personally whenever I'm doing Guest Service there's always a bunch of different projects to get done, salvage has to be put into a new box because the opener taped it up in a DC box, the CRC book hasn't been updated all day so I've got to find the time to do that, paid and lefts have to be audited and reshopped, there's a cart or two that needs to be sorted yet, and that's not even getting to the Registry Kiosk or dealing with guests.

in short, please don't send people to Guest Service unless it's something you can't complete at a checklane.
If cashiers did their jobs correctly my workload at GS would be a bit easier. So tired of a guest being sent to GS when a cashier could have taken care of the issue. Too lazy to do a gift receipt. Whenever that happens I walkie my GSTL to have a chat with the cashier. How hard is it to ask a guest if they will be cartwheel?

If cashiers did their jobs correctly my workload at GS would be a bit easier. So tired of a guest being sent to GS when a cashier could have taken care of the issue. Too lazy to do a gift receipt. Whenever that happens I walkie my GSTL to have a chat with the cashier. How hard is it to ask a guest if they will be cartwheel?
I don’t mind when seasonals make honest mistakes, and honestly I’d rather them send the guest to us where I know we can fix it.... what I hate is when cashiers tell guests we can do something we can’t

My store doesn't allow guests to use a free gift card in the same transaction. No splitting of the order to get around it either. I thought it was a new company policy, but maybe ASANTS.
That's not what I meant. When a guest buys a gift card in the transaction along with other items and then pays with a gift card they already had, the situation I mentioned happened.

YES YES YES YES.

Best practice is to fix mistakes at the lanes so guests don't have to wait in multiple lines, and it's a good idea anyway.

We need to create a name for ourselves, how about "The Black Nail Group" ?
Maybe but I’m only a backup cashier or one if I pick up someone’s shift for the day normally I’m on the floor and my target name is already “Tangent” but I guess my group would be “ignoring blisters on feet for days”

YES YES YES YES.

Best practice is to fix mistakes at the lanes so guests don't have to wait in multiple lines, and it's a good idea anyway.
The problem is that a lot of cashiers don't know how to fix mistakes. And right now, GSA is spread too thin with how crazy busy it is.

The problem is that a lot of cashiers don't CARE to know how to fix mistakes. And right now, GSA is spread too thin with how crazy busy it is.

Fixed it.

Sending a guest over to GS bc you don't know/don't care that non-Target-purchased gift cards need to scan the TOP barcode to be applied for a purchase is ridiculous. Sending them over to GS because the chip reader doesn't accept their CC on the first go is ridiculous. Sending them to GS because you didn't bother to ask about Cartwheel before hitting total is ridiculous.

The problem is that a lot of cashiers don't know how to fix mistakes. And right now, GSA is spread too thin with how crazy busy it is.

There's a difference between not knowing how to fix a complicated mistake (wrong payment) and not knowing how to fix an easy mistake (gift receipts, missed coupons). The GSA/GSTL should be showing people how to fix the easy mistakes as they come up. It's not difficult, and it doesn't take much time to learn.

There's a difference between not knowing how to fix a complicated mistake (wrong payment) and not knowing how to fix an easy mistake (gift receipts, missed coupons). The GSA/GSTL should be showing people how to fix the easy mistakes as they come up. It's not difficult, and it doesn't take much time to learn.

Never shown that at my store. The GSA told us she preferred we didn't fix mistakes. However, my STL, has stated that he prefers weodo fix a mistake to prevent a guest from being in line twice. He told me how to fix the mistake (missed coupons), but when you aren't trained by your trainer, your hands are tied.

Last edited:
They did change the capabilities at registers so cashier's could fix simple mistakes

I don’t mind when seasonals make honest mistakes, and honestly I’d rather them send the guest to us where I know we can fix it.... what I hate is when cashiers tell guests we can do something we can’t
I get it. All they would have to do is ask their GSTL instead of sending them over to GS. So tired of having to fix pricing errors that could be handled at the checklanes.

We never got new promo gift cards at pharmacy and ours don’t have a scratch-off or sticker. I just used one today and it didn’t prompt for the code????

I put my promo gift cards onto my phone. Thought this would be easier but with the new process I go into the account button on the app and then the cashier scans the bar code. I get a prompt to go to my email to get the access code, I give that to the cashier and then have to repeat for each one going back and forth between my email and the target app.

I put my promo gift cards onto my phone. Thought this would be easier but with the new process I go into the account button on the app and then the cashier scans the bar code. I get a prompt to go to my email to get the access code, I give that to the cashier and then have to repeat for each one going back and forth between my email and the target app.
I hope when Target gift cards are integrated in to wallet we can enter in the acces code along with the card number and eliminate this hassle.

I hope when Target gift cards are integrated in to wallet we can enter in the acces code along with the card number and eliminate this hassle.

I have it on my Samsung. The app allows you to use the camera to scan the barcode, then key access code.

I think they should almost prohibit GC at self check outs as they currently are. I can't watch the other 3 SCO's for theft, etc while dealing with multiple gift cards at one.

Quite frankly I don't even try since this whole access code business came into play. Just not a realistic expectation when all of the SCOs are being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back