Archived Gift Registry Update Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxTheDudexx

Front of Store Attendant
I am just wondering, has any other store had an issue with updating gift registries at the check lanes? Nobody seems to have an answer for this at our store, but, here is the issue we have had for the last 2 or 3 days.

When you scan a registry to update it after ringing up all items, it asks you what line number an item is on. A line number? There is no line number on the registry sheets that print out. So we've been instructed to just type in 1 and enter it and so far it works fine, but does that mean it takes off the right item on the registry? Total confusion at our store regarding this. LOD's, TL's, GSA's alike have no clue.

I had an LOD ask me about that the other day. It's asked me that when doing a return, but never when selling it...and after it happened to the LOD, it didn't happen to me later, so I'm not sure what's up.

Been happening here too. I hope it doesnt stay that way, same with Cartwheel not showing the amount off till you hit total. Who came up with these ideas?

Been happening here too. I hope it doesnt stay that way, same with Cartwheel not showing the amount off till you hit total. Who came up with these ideas?
I heard from our GSTL that it might be because they have been doing system updates. If it's a global issue, I wouldn't doubt that for being a reason. But I haven't heard a definite answer.

I just hope it doesn't mess up people registries by removing the wrong items because we picked the wrong "line that doesn't exist" on our registry sheets. Then instead of people coming to return a cart full of items that they got doubles or triples of will be coming back with even more to returns... As it is one guest returning a cart of items they don't want or got doubles of fills softlines reshop cart in about 2 seconds. I'm sure they'll love hearing me calling to tell them I have not one, but 3 or more carts ready for them...

I ran into this while back-up cashing the other day. Neighboring cashier had no clue. GSA had no clue. My GE didn't seem to know either, so he suggested counting the items on the registry and entering the item's position on the list as its line # (example: XYZ item is the 5th item on the list, so its line # would be 5).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back