Archived Good going, corporate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a guest come in last night to the SD asking for a manager because she came into the store and was given "misinformation." After coming into the store and being told she couldn't do it, she called corporate and they told her that she could come into the store with only the numbers on her daughter's prepaid AMEX REDcard and add money to the card. She was adamant that since corporate told her it was possible we could do it, even after GSTL showed her that it was not at all possible for us to do that, that we take her money. After GSTL spoke to her for nearly 10 minutes, he finally told her there's nothing he could do and walked away.

Are the folks at corporate not trained on in-store systems??

Had a guest come in last night to the SD asking for a manager because she came into the store and was given "misinformation." After coming into the store and being told she couldn't do it, she called corporate and they told her that she could come into the store with only the numbers on her daughter's prepaid AMEX REDcard and add money to the card. She was adamant that since corporate told her it was possible we could do it, even after GSTL showed her that it was not at all possible for us to do that, that we take her money. After GSTL spoke to her for nearly 10 minutes, he finally told her there's nothing he could do and walked away.

She was probably lying.

I doubt it, TargetNPC. She really truly believed she could do it.

That would make sense, @Flabbergasted. I believe the GSTL did ask her what number she dialed but I was helping guests so I didn't hear what her response was.

Come on. Just because they're in India doesn't mean they aren't trained on our corporate policies.

This just makes me think of this thread.
http://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/why-would-anyone-ever-call-target-for-help.12587/#post-215266

In addition, think about how our Business Partners and District Leads no virtually nothing about our systems or how we, or even if we can do all sorts of things. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the people on the other end of the line have little knowledge on what we are able to do in stores.

She was probably lying.

But I actually side with this. This happens constantly.

Hahahahahaahaha no. I really don't think they are.

Your gstl should have called corporate, or had the guest call corporate right then and there. Not to disprove the guest, but to teach those dumbasses up in Minneapolis!

They are not trained in store operations. They don't know our prompts or our systems. They just know what cards are accepted, so they frequently tell guests that whatever they want is possible, because to them, it is. They have no idea what the actual system does or how it works.

...And nobody is saying that. All I said was that the training in India is probably as bad as training over here.

Actually, someone did say that. And that was the person I originally quoted. And they retracted their statement. So why are you involved in this?

I have had a rash of irate guests coming in and swearing corporate said they could come in and get something done, no problem. And it's something we have no access to or way to do it in store. They will call and put me on the phone and give me some insane direction I will ask them if this is new and I form them we cannot do what they are asking and they get huffy. A lot of the people I speak to on the phone have American accents. So yeah, she most likely was told it.

I have had a rash of irate guests coming in and swearing corporate said they could come in and get something done, no problem. And it's something we have no access to or way to do it in store. They will call and put me on the phone and give me some insane direction I will ask them if this is new and I form them we cannot do what they are asking and they get huffy. A lot of the people I speak to on the phone have American accents. So yeah, she most likely was told it.

Yep, we had a guest that had the LOD at guest services for 45min, with Redcard problems for 45min. Probably longer but I went home for the day. And it was getting ugly cause they sent him into the store for whatever reason.

In regards to what exactly? Guests lie all the time. And if they're not lying, then they get information wrong. Going back to the original post, assuming the guest wasn't lying, she was probably told, "No you can't do that. You can try if you want, but it probably won't work." And being the idiot this guest probably is, she took that as, "Of course you can do it in store." If a guest gets ANY window of possibility, then that's room for shit like this. The whole, "I was told I could do this!" Of course sometimes they're legitimately given wrong information, but when they're THAT adamant, I don't trust they're being honest.

The only time I had to take direction from someone on the phone, is if there was some bizarre issue that lead to ME calling the help desk. Usually in the past it's just been weird issues with Baby Registry related returns, though I don't remember the specifics of the situation. End of the day, we have the right to deny requests within reason anyway.

Would it surprise you if they weren't? I mean, how many of those people have actually worked in a store?
It might be interesting to test the system, identify who is giving inaccurate info then making the appropriate corporate entity aware of the problem especially w the holidays looming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back