Archived Goodbye to AP as we know it (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's important to me because I have to wear it every day. and no, I'm going into law enforcement.

Scary! I'd feel safer if you stayed at Target and did not go into law enforcement. Yup it's all about the uniform.Yikes

The new AP polo shit that was shown on this thread sort of looks like the target baby department uniform shirt.(except blue and white not red and white)..Is this one polyester too? if so, it will be very uncomfortable in the summer

Look folks, it's okay for someone to express their opinion without getting told what a terrible employee they are.

This forum is the place for TMs to vent, sometimes to the point of being hyperbolic so ease back.

Last edited:
Just reminded me of my GSTL, he thought I was a Guest Service Advisor, and GS. Attendant was a GSTM.

Look folks, it's okay for someone to express their opinion without getting told what a terrible employee they are.

This forum is the place for TMs to vent, sometimes to the point of being hyperbolic so ease back.
What did I miss? I didn't see anything.

As a Sr. tps in a super high risk store I'm glad for the change of uniform. Trying to do floor surveillance became nearly impossible when they took away the ability to wear a jacket, at least with the polo I can sort of blend in. Though I am wondering how long until we have to backup, which I'm almost positive will happen, and hand out stickers to kids when they enter the store.

Sooo when do the uniforms come in? An ETL in my district is denying the uniform change all together

As a Sr. tps in a super high risk store I'm glad for the change of uniform. Trying to do floor surveillance became nearly impossible when they took away the ability to wear a jacket, at least with the polo I can sort of blend in. Though I am wondering how long until we have to backup, which I'm almost positive will happen, and hand out stickers to kids when they enter the store.
AP will never backup...like I said before...they wouldn't have you on the checklanes...say if you see a booster enter the store and you're working by yourself. What are you going to do ingore the booster? Also my district lets Sr. TPS wear the jacket, but you have to take it off before a APP.

AP will never backup...like I said before...they wouldn't have you on the checklanes...say if you see a booster enter the store and you're working by yourself. What are you going to do ingore the booster? Also my district lets Sr. TPS wear the jacket, but you have to take it off before a APP.

You would think that spot would see it as a conflict of interest, but the way things are going I wouldn't put it past the higher ups to think of AP as hours they can use for other things, because really it's all about the vibe and ap just stands there doing nothing, clearly. My district stopped letting us use jackets at the start of last year, supposedly there was an incident. Of course no one told us that for another six months.

Yea some do. Less and less than before though.

My store has two plain clothes people. I don't know how they get hours.

I am not sure on the date, I would imagine in February. Here is the picture.

That's...actually not that bad. I kind of want that shirt.

That's not too obnoxious.
Would be nice if they'd make up their mind but what do you expect?
Seems like AP is one of those departments that Spot has seriously mixed feelings about.

Agreed. You mantra of ASANTS is truly the most accurate when it comes to AP and "everybody's store vs mine" because ya'll have "lol cut AP" and my store is like "OH DEAR FUCKING GOD NO YOU CAN'T CUT AP DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW BAD SHORTAGE WOULD BE?!?!?!"

My TPS would "conveniently" be on 6 whenever they call him for backup I guarantee it.

Kind of like how the rest of us somehow are always with a guest.

Apprehending guests would not be a good thing for me. But WATCHING THEM, I'd be awesome at blending in as a normal guest.

Target will probably just contract it's loss prevention to another company. Similar to Target Mobile.

oh no the loss prevention team will end up getting decent hours, and shortage would be a lot lower since they'll always be at the store :p

I've seen my ETL-AP get on the check lanes before.

Our AP is red and khaki just like the rest of the store... So all this talk is interesting to me.

I just skimmed the post and didn't see this mentioned yet, sorry if it was already said. This shirt was going to be rolled out last year and a new AP role "AP Team Member" which would wear it. I know they could initiate apps in certain circumstances and have different daily activities and role then a TPS, but the new role got delayed (I think a few stores that were testing it, kept the role).

Our AP is red and khaki just like the rest of the store... So all this talk is interesting to me.
Interesting. TPS at my store wears aviators inside sometimes. It's kinda dumb but he says that's what cops do and it gives him the edge. Im interested in AP so this is pretty interesting to me too.

Interesting. TPS at my store wears aviators inside sometimes. It's kinda dumb but he says that's what cops do and it gives him the edge. Im interested in AP so this is pretty interesting to me too.

So he wears sunglasses in the store and his excuse is that it's what cops do?
I think the real reason is he's seen Cool Hand Luke one too many times and was dropped on his head when he was a baby.

Seriously, do not let that man make apprehensions in your store because I'm pretty sure Best Practices will be replaced with NYPD style Abner Louima tactics.
After all the police do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back