Archived Goodluck Everyone with XboxOne launch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaz

Canadian Member
So it's Nov 22nd which means time to launch the XboxOne!

Wanted to wish everyonea smooth launch. We had a great ps4 day so we are hoping for the same.

Feel free to share stories after if you have any.

Our PS4 launch went pretty great as well. Compared to the number of PS4s we had, though, the number of XBOnes we got were... significantly less.

Same here. Significantly less numbers.

We received 12 xbox ones. 5 for preorder so 7 extras. We sold 2. We released the PS4 preorders that weren't picked up within the 7 days and 3 people in line switched to PS4. Not a good start for the Xbox One.

We actually got extra Xboxes, but no extra PS4s last week.

My AAR numbers last week were not good though :( PS4 launch probably had something to do with that.

We received 12 xbox ones. 5 for preorder so 7 extras. We sold 2. We released the PS4 preorders that weren't picked up within the 7 days and 3 people in line switched to PS4. Not a good start for the Xbox One.

Interesting... we had 28 extras. I wonder if we will have any left over. Our reserved PS4's are to be held till Saturday according to official communications.

My AAR numbers last week were not good though :( PS4 launch probably had something to do with that.

Why is that? We killed it with Attachments that day, and my store got 91% attachment rating for that week.

I start in a little bit, so I won't know what the scoop is till I get in.

BTW, don't forget that we are supposed to set aside AT LEAST 4 TO 8 XBOX Ones aside for next week as they are in the ad.

BTW, don't forget that we are supposed to set aside AT LEAST 4 TO 8 XBOX Ones aside for next week as they are in the ad.

I was just coming in here to say this. No one at my store knew this. I just happened to read the Merch. Update on my way out the door yesterday and had to alert the ETL's/TL. I'm opening electronics on Sunday, so I don't want to deal with not having any, lol.

Also we killed it on attachments for the PS4 launch as well. We were well over 100%.

Last edited:

Interesting... we had 28 extras. I wonder if we will have any left over. Our reserved PS4's are to be held till Saturday according to official communications.

Why is that? We killed it with Attachments that day, and my store got 91% attachment rating for that week.

I think the reservation cards with the $25 gift card was a deterrent to buying games with the PS4. And that the electronics TMs at my store don't care. At all. That's another story though...

That's awesome about holding the Xboxes. I close tonight so that ain't gonna happen unless someone at my store reads that somewhere. Sweet.

I think the reservation cards with the $25 gift card was a deterrent to buying games with the PS4. And that the electronics TMs at my store don't care. At all. That's another story though...

That's awesome about holding the Xboxes. I close tonight so that ain't gonna happen unless someone at my store reads that somewhere. Sweet.
The preorder for the ps4 was a joke really. Every other pre order you got a card for more than the amount you put in. What made it worse was that the preorder card counter as a target coupon.

Last week we had people lining up at 3AM for the PS4 and we had about 13 after all the pre-orders had been set aside. We had 6 XBoxones.. but nobody lined up until about 7:30AM, a half hour before our store opened o_o

So my store our PS4 went amazing. We had about 58 and sold out by 1pm. All pre orders and about 13 walk ins. We got 10 XboxOnes and sold 6. Oh and we got them at 9am today.

Ours went well sold our 6 units that were non preordered in 5 minutes but the odd thing was not one person came to pick up the're pre ordered unit till about noon and the we got 2 more from Fed ex and sold those two.

Our stl also showed us the thing saying to hold units for sunday and told to not do that at all saying it was better to get the sales now

We actually got extra Xboxes, but no extra PS4s last week.

Well according to what I heard from the morning crew we killed it again with XBOX's, especially because the reserve card gave 10 dollars off any game or accessory instead of giving a gift card. The XBOX One's sold a little slower than PS4's We had less XBOX's of course, and the last two were still on the floor when I got there. We will have more to sell though on Sunday, as we did follow the Merch update.

See if Spot was smart, they would do similar stuff with iPads. Such as "Get a free case and/or screen protector" instead of giving gift cards that cannibalize our AAR.

Ours went well sold our 6 units that were non preordered in 5 minutes but the odd thing was not one person came to pick up the're pre ordered unit till about noon and the we got 2 more from Fed ex and sold those two.

Our stl also showed us the thing saying to hold units for sunday and told to not do that at all saying it was better to get the sales now

Sounds like your STL is either short sighted, or you guys were hurting for sales this week. Either way, Sunday will be a pain for you guys as they are in the ad for this coming week.

Oooooh boy the Xbox launch was funny for me. Had only one person lined up at my store 8 a.m. and had multiple calls asking if we had any. Up until about 10:30 we had at least one. When someone called I always answered "Yes we still have some but we can not put them on hold." so one lady comes in looking to buy one since she called earlier and when I tell her we're sold out she gets angry and demands to see "sales reports" or receipts to prove they were sold in the ten minutes it took her to get here. An ETL is called over to deal with and she just will not accept the fact that someone else purchased them before she came in. Once she leaves the ETL tells me that if she hadn't been so belligerent he would have pulled one of the xbox's set aside for next week's ad for her. Later in the day we got two more to sell so if he had done that for her we still would have had the right count to hold for the ad.

I also had someone drop my name on Saturday saying that if they came in on Saturday they would get a ticket to guarantee them a PS4. I had never said anything like that, just that if no one showed up for their pre-order we would be able to sell them. Apparently the police were called out or were about to be over this guy.

Once she leaves the ETL tells me that if she hadn't been so belligerent he would have pulled one of the xbox's set aside for next week's ad for her.

Guests need to realize that if they're civil, many of us will go to great lenghts to see them satisifed. Hostility doesn't get you very far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back