Archived Got a phone call from STL a few hours ago offering my job back

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've said before, RUN SCREAMING INTO THE NIGHT!

That "good feeling" of knowing that you're wanted back will evaporate as fast as their SrTL offer & you'll kick yourself for falling for it. Ask Alex said, take it as a compliment for a job you did well & let your refusal to return serve as a bitter reminder to them for how they treated you during your last week.

Demand they make you an Paygrade 15 TL at the top of that paygrades scale PLUS give you the 3$/hour (which is what they are allowe with 3 to 5 years experience) I'm not sure exactly what a Paygrade 15 at the TOP of the payscale plus 3$/hour would be, but should be upper teen's per hour, once you are a Sr. TL at the top of that payscale with 3$ per hour should be OVEr 20$/hr, then say you would like to be offered an ETL position within a year!
As I've said before, RUN SCREAMING INTO THE NIGHT!

That "good feeling" of knowing that you're wanted back will evaporate as fast as their SrTL offer & you'll kick yourself for falling for it. Ask Alex said, take it as a compliment for a job you did well & let your refusal to return serve as a bitter reminder to them for how they treated you during your last week.

Definitely don't do it. If she's in that much of a mess, then there's a good chance she won't be there in 6 months anyway which means you wouldn't get the promotion to Sr. TL.

Best advice i ever got was if you get a better job and your current job offers you more, dont take it. Chances are once they can get someone else trained they will let you go.

Being a rep for sony is a good gig, dont throw it away.

Don't do it. If her job is on the line, she has no real power to be instrumental in promoting you to sr tl. She is just trying to save her butt on your back. Once scores are green, she will take full credit for it and you will once again be unhappy.

Put all your efforts into moving up with Playstation.

Thanks everyone for the help. I decided to call and tell her no.

Basically the conversation went like this:

Her: Hi, this is <her name>
Me: Hey I was just returning your call. I wanted to let you know I decided to stick with SCEA for now.
Her: OK. <click>

Literally just hanged up on me lol.

you should have been really nasty to her and said as many of the most hurtful things you could to her before she hung up with you.

It's best practice in the handbook for former team members!

Good for you. That proves you did the right thing. Your years at target were part of you and now you have moved on. it was nice to know that you did a great job while there and will be missed. Let your life grow from here. Best of luck.

The fact that she simply hung up proves the point.
There will still be those who remember you & what a great job you did, which will only pour salt in her wounds.

Thanks everyone for the help. I decided to call and tell her no.

Basically the conversation went like this:

Her: Hi, this is <her name>
Me: Hey I was just returning your call. I wanted to let you know I decided to stick with SCEA for now.
Her: OK. <click>

Literally just hanged up on me lol.

Not to be that guy, but...

"Hung up on me" not "hanged up on me"

Also, not surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back