Archived Got screwed by Target, once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last weekend (9/20), I asked my ETL about taking an LOA for school, because my work/school balance is not working out. She said yes and to ask my HR. So my HR came in and I asked her, she said that I would be able to take an LOA and to put in the paperwork so she could approve it and put in the system. So I did that right away.

This weekend I asked my ETL that was on for this weekend if she heard any communication about my LOA. She said that they didn't understand why I needed to take one, as I only work weekends. I explained that working weekends while in school wasn't easy this semester because my work load is huge and I work 20 hours in the weekend when I should be doing school stuff. She said that her, my other ETL, and the HR would discuss it.
They decided to deny it. So I put in my 2 weeks.
I'm pretty upset because I've worked at Target for 5+ years and I'm constantly getting recognized for my hard work. This is so unfair
They already have issues trying to staff our Flow and they're just letting me go.

What can I do in my last two weeks to make them completely crazy? (I was thinking of wearing black pants)

What can I do in my last two weeks to make them completely crazy? (I was thinking of wearing black pants)

Careful with that! it's never good to burn bridges like that. and honestly, if you work super hard your last two weeks and be the perfect worker, your team leads will miss you more and it will only make HR look even worse if they're the reason Flow lost a really hard working team member.

Well fuck them. Start looking for other jobs and continue to put effort into school so hopefully you can make more than your ETL one day.

@northern I still want to be rehire-able, but I really want to be immature about it. If they haven't realized that they will miss me, I don't think 2 weeks will change their minds. (wearing black pants isn't technically bad according to my handbook)

Well fuck them. Start looking for other jobs and continue to put effort into school so hopefully you can make more than your ETL one day.
Luckily, I don't need another job, so I'm fine not working until May when I hopefully will have an internship. :D But I'm definitely trying to be positive, it's just a really shitty situation that shouldn't have happened.

First of all, sorry that they did that to you. I wish that I could say that I am shocked that Spot would do such a thing but sadly I cant. Secondly, if it were me.. I would call the hotline and complain. Will it change things? No. However, it will raise a flag on up the food chain and may help the next person. You have to keep in mind you are going to school to better yourself...so don't lower yourself to "getting even". Simply do your two weeks. Make a formal complaint to the hotline and maybe even to your stores leadership then you move on. Let karma deal with Spot...always keep in mind that karma doesn't wear a watch but hes always right on time !

First of all, sorry that they did that to you. I wish that I could say that I am shocked that Spot would do such a thing but sadly I cant. Secondly, if it were me.. I would call the hotline and complain. Will it change things? No. However, it will raise a flag on up the food chain and may help the next person. You have to keep in mind you are going to school to better yourself...so don't lower yourself to "getting even". Simply do your two weeks. Make a formal complaint to the hotline and maybe even to your stores leadership then you move on. Let karma deal with Spot...always keep in mind that karma doesn't wear a watch but hes always right on time !
I was actually going to go up the ladder with my complaints, first to HR and ask why, then to my STL, then the hotline. I don't expect anything to change, but I did want them to know that they did something wrong.

Wear a different color pants every day. Ask Every Single Guest if you can help them find something (especially if you're in the middle of talking to a TL or ETL). Take time to read the training materials that I'm sure you never got when you were trained.
Tell everyone how much you get paid. And ask everyone else. Get the conversation started.
Mention that this kind of thing wouldn't happen if there were a Union.
Delete everything off the desktop on the signing/label PC.
Unplug all the myDevice, PDA, & walkie charging stations.

Why not just request every weekend off.?Or start with every other weekend off and see if that helps with your schoolwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back