Grocery one for ones

Food and Beverage TL:
If any of you are just a Pfresh store how do you do your schedules with the sad low hours and still get at least 70% of OFO done?!?! And of course sets, pricing, dry grocery and food truck pushed in a day??

Our plano team does any/all revisions and sales planners currently to take that part off the consumables team plate. We schedule 1 person a 4.5-6 hr shift daily to just pull. S&E and HR ETL have been spending at least 2-3 hours a day pulling pushing ascwell just to maintain. Definately not feasible to continue this way for the long run, and we are definately rolling truck day to day.

2 tm open. Their routine:
1 - audits
1 - does check date
Then they work truck
What ever time is left they will pull ofo.
There's 1 closer and all they do is pull ofo.
We are almost 1 full week ahead of sets.
We try to do one S/P or Rev at the beginning of the shift, before truck.
I tm is scheduled 2 days a week that does PC. We will also work it into the day as needed.
We come clean with truck as it is not an option at my store.

If you’re not 85% truck to shelf, you are being set up for failure.
How do you get 85% truck to shelf? 100% data accuracy.
With all this frenzy over ofo, etls, sds pulling, no one is slowing down the process. How much of your ofo backstock is getting audited, how much of anything is getting audited?
Without data accuracy and 85% truck to shelf, failure is certain.

1 - audits
1 - does check date
Then they work truck
I tm is scheduled 2 days a week that does PC. We will also work it into the day as needed.
Who tf is zoning??

Through out the day and the closer spends 1 hour at the end of shift zoning
What do you mean throughout the day? Does the “D””B””O” zones first?
Do you zone every hour? 2 hours? 3 hours?
How long do you zone for throughout the day.
Or do you zone as you push?
Or all of the above?

Disclaimer: I am not a team lead.

You shouldn’t expect perfection up front. Train your people properly with the correct processes and hold them accountable. If it truly is a payroll problem(a bigger payroll problem than the rest of the company has) then it’s out of your hands?...

If you’re owning your area then you should have a good idea of what’s going and what’s not. I don’t bother pushing the massive boxes of chips when I just saw brands A B and C are completely full. Set them on the uboat next to it along with those Lacroix and Waterloos you know for a fact won’t go.

Don’t do that unless you know for certain though. I have a couple of spots that I can flex waters in and I know what each spot is and exactly how many there are. Fix your counts. Do your audits. Do your checkdates. Do 2% more than you did yesterday and continue improving until you hit a wall. Then use your team. Identify what team members are best at what and let them excel. You need to get rid of lazy people in market and let them go to bedding or across the street.

It is your job to create a system that flows whether you’re there that day or not. Follow up with your team to ensure they are actually solid in their processes. I don’t know what your solution is here, but maybe it’s purging your backroom. Maybe it’s auditing your entire department to fix your counts.

Completing 60-70% of your truck hurts more people than just you if it’s a common occurrence, so it doesn’t make sense to me that it’s just a payroll issue. If your sd sets you up for failure, it hurts them too.

Fixing your counts should be a priority unless you know they’re perfect. It’s something my store constantly has to fix and I assume all stores are like that.. Pulling 10 things of gg salt at 2-3pm? Probably not, skip that item, go check it on the salesfloor when you’re pushing the rest of the batch, and fix the counts if needed. That’s been the easiest way for me anyways

Fixing your counts should be a priority unless you know they’re perfect. It’s something my store constantly has to fix and I assume all stores are like that.. Pulling 10 things of gg salt at 2-3pm? Probably not, skip that item, go check it on the salesfloor when you’re pushing the rest of the batch, and fix the counts if needed. That’s been the easiest way for me anyways

Our plano team does any/all revisions and sales planners currently to take that part off the consumables team plate. We schedule 1 person a 4.5-6 hr shift daily to just pull. S&E and HR ETL have been spending at least 2-3 hours a day pulling pushing ascwell just to maintain. Definately not feasible to continue this way for the long run, and we are definately rolling truck day to day.
You have a planogram team? Like we did 10 years ago? We don’t have Plano teams anymore, haven’t in years!

Food and Beverage TL:
If any of you are just a Pfresh store how do you do your schedules with the sad low hours and still get at least 70% of OFO done?!?! And of course sets, pricing, dry grocery and food truck pushed in a day??
70 Million dollar store taking 10-12 trucks a week right now.

Dry:
3 DBOs
1 Mid OFO
1 Closer OFO

Fresh
2-4 DBOs depending on truck day or not
1 Closer

Pull over 90% everyday especially in market

Ever since thanksgiving we have split our ofos among open tms mostly and anything leftover for few mids. We still get hours enough to do our dedicated ofos , zones and some truck push . Our closing tms mostly will be left with cereal and bev flats and few uboats if it’s a big truck day. We mostly come out clean.

Food and Beverage TL:
3 dry pushers +1 closer.

OM opener/closer and MDF

Usually able to pull 50%, but had 8-10 callouts last week so was only at 35%.

Who does sets and pricing? Why I do of course "just build the encaps as they come off the truck". Yeah, right...

You forgot the part about getting flooded with needless freight from the DC, while your counts are correct. Yes...yes, you did need more Pam and syrup. (That DC “bounce-back” tho)

It seems everyone has a different variant for success—which is kind of counter to how this process equalizer was originally pitched.

As far as the 141s go, stores pulling later on in the night are getting more credit for pulls—because you aren’t selling much at 8:00pm. Pull completion is based on dpcis pulled, not eaches. If I pull a milk at 5:00pm, and sell it again at 6:00pm, the system won’t give me credit for pulling it earlier.

1 - audits
1 - does check date
Then they work truck
oh the joy of ASANTS… fantasy island you seem to be on.

one person at my store is not going to get all of our pulls done during a close shift or any shift for that matter. maybe it's the 4 and at the most 6 hours to do the hundreds of dpcis's which is not always the number of actual tasks needs to complete a batch.

but I could be feeling a bit sassy as the two trash cans of expired product that I had the fine honor of pulling from the back and the salesfloor today was well exactly two to many. the reactions from the "leadership" was not even so much as a raised eyebrow. they were mostly annoyed that I took the time to pull the two month out of date product from the salesfloor and not helping one of their pets complete their workload that they left undone for well over a week.

and if you are not pulling that revision and then pulling its aisle you are most definitely sticking it to the poor SoB that has to do that aisle for the one for ones.

What percentage of stores do you guys think are run well? A ball park figure? Judging Target through my stores prism, it feels like Target is doing the bare minimum when it comes to proper staffing/training/payroll. If that’s the case, then I would guess 70-80% of stores are struggling to meet all operational metrics, consistently.

oh the joy of ASANTS… fantasy island you seem to be on.

one person at my store is not going to get all of our pulls done during a close shift or any shift for that matter. maybe it's the 4 and at the most 6 hours to do the hundreds of dpcis's which is not always the number of actual tasks needs to complete a batch.

but I could be feeling a bit sassy as the two trash cans of expired product that I had the fine honor of pulling from the back and the salesfloor today was well exactly two to many. the reactions from the "leadership" was not even so much as a raised eyebrow. they were mostly annoyed that I took the time to pull the two month out of date product from the salesfloor and not helping one of their pets complete their workload that they left undone for well over a week.

and if you are not pulling that revision and then pulling its aisle you are most definitely sticking it to the poor SoB that has to do that aisle for the one for ones.
[/QUOTE
Not one store in our district cone close to pulling 70%. We just strive for it.
We pull our revisions to fill.
Expired product, yea, we got that as well.

What percentage of stores do you guys think are run well? A ball park figure? Judging Target through my stores prism, it feels like Target is doing the bare minimum when it comes to proper staffing/training/payroll. If that’s the case, then I would guess 70-80% of stores are struggling to meet all operational metrics, consistently.
My store does very well in metrics but we’re a very small store. I feel like a AAA store running just below green should be rewarded more than an ULV that’s 100% everything. Maybe it is and I just don’t know, who knows lol

You forgot the part about getting flooded with needless freight from the DC, while your counts are correct. Yes...yes, you did need more Pam and syrup. (That DC “bounce-back” tho)

It seems everyone has a different variant for success—which is kind of counter to how this process equalizer was originally pitched.

As far as the 141s go, stores pulling later on in the night are getting more credit for pulls—because you aren’t selling much at 8:00pm. Pull completion is based on dpcis pulled, not eaches. If I pull a milk at 5:00pm, and sell it again at 6:00pm, the system won’t give me credit for pulling it earlier.
That’s what I’m trying to do is pull more at night but what kills me are the food truck days) meat produce dairy and freezer) today’s fdc was 20 hour push

We don’t back stock milk.
We un box all specialty milks and have 2 metros of these milks. They get pushed 3 to 4 times a day.
We receive about 50 boxes of specialty milks every single day. That’s 300 1/2 gallons pushed and sold on a daily basis. Damn Karen’s love their milk.
I’ve heard some stores keep all dairy not back stocked and just push it out on metros everyday

That’s what I’m trying to do is pull more at night but what kills me are the food truck days) meat produce dairy and freezer) today’s fdc was 20 hour push

Food is getting clobbered right now with freight on both the fresh and dry fronts. The pandemic and Store pickup changed the business.

We are getting double the amount of freight as last year, but the hours don’t seem to reflect the business growth.

You have a planogram team? Like we did 10 years ago? We don’t have Plano teams anymore, haven’t in years!
Yes we still utilize our core 3-4 plano team members to knock out workload. We are taking double the trucks we took last year with the same amount of payroll, there is no way our DBO's can push a double truck, mancaf, pricing and workload in a 4.5-6 hr shift.

Back