Archived Gross Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a CTL, if that reply was for me. Not sure who you where referring too.

I am a CTL, if that reply was for me. Not sure who you where referring too.
Default Today, 02:12 AM

" Forget the daily cleaning routines. I am still in that first year as STL and I still find spots that haven't been cleaned in YEARS."

that is what i was talking about.

Last edited:
It seems like lately we have to close the family bathroom because it gets umm gross. It's like what are you doing in there?? Eww!

Yep, there's a reason there's a floor drain - the easier to hose it down.

Why doesn't the dairy cooler have a floor drain?! When one of the noob Market TM's drops 5 crates of milk on the floor, it sure would be nice to be able to squeegee it into a drain rather than mop it up..... Glad it wasn't me, I'll tell you that much.

That reminds me of the time when our receiver damn near lost an entire pallet after it caught on the door frame of the cooler as he was loading it in with the power jack. We watched the entire pallet's worth of crates shift forward almost to the breaking point, and return backwards to safety. I think the receiver nearly shat himself XD

Why doesn't the dairy cooler have a floor drain?! When one of the noob Market TM's drops 5 crates of milk on the floor, it sure would be nice to be able to squeegee it into a drain rather than mop it up..... Glad it wasn't me, I'll tell you that much.

That reminds me of the time when our receiver damn near lost an entire pallet after it caught on the door frame of the cooler as he was loading it in with the power jack. We watched the entire pallet's worth of crates shift forward almost to the breaking point, and return backwards to safety. I think the receiver nearly shat himself XD

Wouldn't that start to stink after a while as there isn't a regular flow of water/cleaner chasing it down like in the production and Food Service Areas? I wish our closet size cooler had a drain so I could just use a mop instead of having to get down on all fours and hand scrub it twice a month.

Toilets overflowing. ALL OF THEM. Bringing up a day's worth of human waste. The checklanes, and half of A&B plus the backroom fire all all under a layer of excrement. They closed the store for everyone the first day but the second it was only closed for guests. The smell was HORRID!!

Toilets overflowing. ALL OF THEM. Bringing up a day's worth of human waste. The checklanes, and half of A&B plus the backroom fire all all under a layer of excrement. They closed the store for everyone the first day but the second it was only closed for guests. The smell was HORRID!!

Holy ************! No pun intended!!

Wow, that's horrible. Sounds like a major sewer backup? Having team members there on the second day has to be a health code violation.

This didn't happen to me, but I heard about it from some of the TLs. This kid had thrown up in toys, all down one aisle, then they found another spot along the back wall, then a spot on the main aisle, then some spots in D... Apparently he just kept walking and puking and NO ONE told any TMs about it. Ugh.

I was going through the paid & lefts at guest service once, and found a opened package of underwear (the kind that's just around a cardboard thing, no plastic). I went to grab the pair that wasn't in the package, and after pulling it out of the bag, I found that my thumb was touching dried period blood.

We had a guest return a carton of that Moist n Meaty dog food a couple days ago. It seems the inner packages on the top of the carton were fine, but after she dug into a few days later she realized the entire bottom half of the container had mold all over it, and wow did it smell horrible! I had to get someone to take it back to the compactor right away before I lost my lunch......ew.

At my overnight job before the last corporate visit i had to mop up a ************ covered men's bathroom floor. Seems some drunk stumbled in before my shift (I got there at 10pm), and thought a urinal was the toilet. Not pretty. I came close to snorting bleach just to keep my sense of smell right.

Code green where I had an older lady who tripped and fell but the problem was she had a thin skin condition. I showed up to find half the skin on her leg and arm just hanging off bleeding.... I was given a shoe box one day that someone had swapped out their shoes for the new ones, I opened the box and was greeted with the most foul smell ever, I dropped the box and gagged and I have dealt with plenty have code greens and browns and thought I had a strong stomach but that smell...

Picture this. 6'11" tall mentally challenged male, mistook the mens fitting room for a bathroom stall.

Yep, the store had all the carpet ripped out of the fitting rooms and installed tile since the smell just wouldn't go away.

This didn't happen to me, but my fellow TM on POG found a used feminine-hygiene pad hiding underneath/behind the curtain displays, when she had to reset the planogram. EW.
I've had to pick up dirty diapers that have been left on the floor in random locations of the store.

HLTM kept catching a waft of feces when she walked through home dec.
After checking behind everything on the shelves, she found a poopy diaper stuffed in a large vase.

I consistently found old food in the drawers of the displays in the furniture department and once found used women's panties.

My store is located near one of the areas that was hit really badly in the April 2011 tornadoes. I work at a Super Target, and we lost power at about 6PM. The store closed early that night, and we were able to all make it home safely. The next day, the store was running on a generator, so everything was just peachy.

The power still hadn't been restored, so we closed early again (6ish) and the by the next morning, everything in town was dead, the store included. Everything perishable in the store had ruined by this time: everything in deli, meat department, dairy, frozen, Starbucks' refrigerators, produce that needed to be refrigerated, etc.

Target got a bunch of dumpsters lined up out back and everyone in the food team joined together and started cleaning everything out. We emptied out the freezers and meat products on the floor, the produce, the deli, and then came the hard part: the meat department and dairy cooler. Keep in mind that this stuff, by this point in time hasn't been refrigerated in about 3 days. I had to help with both rooms. The meat stuff wasn't so bad, a lot of it was packaged and sealed. The problem was that some of it wasn't sealed properly.

Bags of chicken that had little tiny holes in them were oozing chicken juice all over the place, meat turning bad, but the worst part had to be the meat department's QMOS bin.

Oh, the horror...

I still have 'Nam flashbacks about it to this day.

The meat dept. TM who was supposed to throw the QMOS'd meat left early for a vacation the day the power went out, and it was sitting in the rolling cart for 4 days at least. Green, spoiled bacon, green shrimp, packs of hamburger meat and steaks that were leaking and adding to the awful stewing mess... The deli TL and I had to wear masks just to get through it.

The dairy cooler wasn't as bad because after the meat QMOS bin debacle, I wore my mask in there too.

It smelled bad, but nowhere near as repulsive as the meat cooler.

After all that was said and done, Food Avenue was the only department who had survived the power outage (everything in my freezer was still at a food safe temp) thanks to the generators that they brought in after day 3.

Last edited:
some one had ran over a dog RIGHT in front of the store, and its guts were EVERYWHERE, its brains was practically on the walkway right in front of the door, i felt so bad for the cart attendant that had to deal with it until the animal control came to pick it up.

another time when flow was pushing autofills, they had brought back a smart cart with some dry market stuff in it, well when i went to go backstock it, i noticed a strange smell coming from the cart, there was a helf empty casepack of some canned tuna, and that $hit had maggots crawling ALL over the the box and on the

other food next to it. i told my ETL and TL and they flipped out! when my TL and ETL went to ask the people who pushed it, of course ALL of them denied it, f**cking idiots, how do you not notice that?

some one had ran over a dog RIGHT in front of the store, and its guts were EVERYWHERE, its brains was practically on the walkway right in front of the door, i felt so bad for the cart attendant that had to deal with it until the animal control came to pick it up.

another time when flow was pushing autofills, they had brought back a smart cart with some dry market stuff in it, well when i went to go backstock it, i noticed a strange smell coming from the cart, there was a helf empty casepack of some canned tuna, and that $hit had maggots crawling ALL over the the box and on the

other food next to it. i told my ETL and TL and they flipped out! when my TL and ETL went to ask the people who pushed it, of course ALL of them denied it, f**cking idiots, how do you not notice that?

:\

Dude... just... no...

That whole story was just... feelsbadman.

One of our flow was chewed out for pushing packets of beef jerky that was green & white....in the home loc, an endcap, up in every other checklane.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back