Archived Grow a spine Spot! (Halloween)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRZone

Former ETL HR
On workbench today

"Part of a winning at front of store is always attempting to assist guest with their returns. This includes seasonal merchandise like Halloween codtmrs and candy. Costumes and candy fall under Targets standard return policy. Failure to honor our policy may add legal risk."

Also says "scan all receipts, even if they are expired"

Last edited:
As a bike builder who gets a whole ton of useless bike returns I have to toss at the end of the summer, I'm on board the Spot shaming train. Seriously, it's bad enough I know team members at my store regularly "rent" items as needed.

Sad. We should be better than this.

Guest buys a Christmas infant dress , gets picture done and return said dress with drooling stains on it ...and the tag attached to the size tag ...
And guest service takes it back ...
Ok fine , but for god sake don't put it back as a reshop ...
Ok , it is in the reshop ...fitting room attendant should not put it on the z rack ...
Ok , on zrack and tm should not put it on the floor ...
I found it later...
Simply gross

Target is SO concerned with making every guest happy ( I am too). I just wish that they would realize that "guests" who return used items after they're done with them, game the system, etc are NOT the kind of guests you want to KEEP!

This is so true, and it's a large part of how it's so easy for me to get behind shutting down the couponers, resellers, rude guests, guests trying to bully with threats to call corporate so and so. I'm more than happy to give you a number and be on my way, and I have no problem with you being disgruntled as Hell, your threats to take business elsewhere are only given an "okay?" from me.

It's not that it doesn't compute, I'm just baffled as to how you think we want YOUR business,
specifically. The profit you give isn't worth the headache and hassle, time spent and TM manpower to jump through your hoops. Sometimes you're costing us more than we make.

Just a shame the business as a whole can't manage to stand up for itself like that. I'm a scrawny little man child. If I can do it, you can
too.

I stopped caring a while ago. The sooner I accepted that it's Spot's L the less aggravated I got. Follow the POS and send the guest on their way; will do!

Wow I envy you guys. We are back to having to do just about anything the guest wants. We can't say no to anything. Some of our scammers are having a field day. They come in, dump their bags of whatever on the counter, we give them gift cards, they buy beer. Some of them are so smug because they know our hands are tied. It's hard when they come in with their friends. They'll brag, "See, I told you so!" Then it's high-fives and party time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back