Archived GSA mid-hired crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you've been a GSA during the holidays then you can already pick up on my vibe..

Last edited:
I have and I tyipcally get the "you're doing a good job" I get no real constructive feedback. But maybe they will have more to say now the season is ending.

I can't speak to much here, but I feel for you. GSA is a tough job and having people not be supportive makes it harder. If your GSTL and ETL are saying you are doing good please believe them.

For more knowledge, did you do the GSA training online? That is a good resource for info.

Lastly, why isn't the GSTL giving you supervisor permission on the register? They can have you sign in and assign you more permissions. Or is there more that can only be done at hq? When I needed to do a project the GSTL upped my access on the register and she had a choice as to what level of permission I could have....if that makes sense.

Lastly, why isn't the GSTL giving you supervisor permission on the register? They can have you sign in and assign you more permissions. Or is there more that can only be done at hq? When I needed to do a project the GSTL upped my access on the register and she had a choice as to what level of permission I could have....if that makes sense.

Yes, this. A GSTL did the same thing for me as well. It took less than a minute to give me supervisor access.

Last edited:
Out of everything I read , the only REAL issue you have is that you are not keyed in as a supervisor status in the system. Which , like the others mentioned ca be done in less then a minute.
For the rest of your RANT, you got a promotion in Q4. Everything is hectic. That includes training, workload , lods, guests and you yourself.
Just give it sometime, now that apocalypse is almost over, you’ll get a chance to rebuild, and be reborn as better ,stronger G S A.

Yeah, everyone is aware how to give me a supervisor code it's just that for some reason they Are unable to and like I said In my original post, they have tried calling the help desk number and have informed they are trying to fix the issue but this has been going on for two months. I know how to update numbers to Supervisor so does everyone else, but for some reason when we type in my number to update I don't have the supervisor option.

For the rest of your RANT,
You say rant like it's a bad thing but when anyone joins this break room thing they are sent a message by the admin in which he States "this break room is used for advice, questions, and rants" so if you have a problem with my RANT don't read It... I'm stressed Out and it's healthy to release steam somewhere, that's why I joined this.

Yes, this. A GSTL did the same thing for me as well. It took less than a minute to give me supervisor access.
So weirdly, this same thing happened with me. At any other time while I’ve been with target and I need to be reauthorized for a register, it gave the K3 supervisor access option, but when they first changed me in the system to GSA, the option did not show up for like 2 weeks. We literally tried at the beginning of every single shift.

Now I authorize people from all departments on register and trainees and it gives that option and I always laugh.

My sympathies. I became a GSA in 3Q, but had some of the same challenges as you did, such as GSA/GSTL access in POS. Must be a bug in the system. See if an LOD, GSTL, or peer GSA can give you a quick login slip for overrides and closing registers until they have you properly coded in the system.

I had been a GS cashier for some time before promoting, and had the support of my peers, so had it a little easier. If you can do this, try to set your mind to viewing challenges as opportunities. I assume that you wanted the position, so can find some motivation from reminding yourself of your desire to take up the challenge and succeed. This is a position of responsibility, even a leadership position (even if just a soft, influencing, one). You are expected to encounter difficult situations and trade-offs. You're not expected to make perfect decisions, just timely ones that reflect reasonable trade-offs between making it right for the guest and protecting the store from fraud. Unless leadership is totally toxic, or you are at a high-risk store where your guests are all scamsters, no one is going to fault you for doing your best under the circumstances. Try to be the kind of GSA you wanted to have when you were a cashier: friendly, reassuring, knowledgable, attentive to timely breaks and lunches, and just making sure that cashiers have the resources they need to effectively do their jobs, and that they have your back when they apply their training. Try to develop your team to be as "self-organizing" as possible, such as dividing up tasks like salvage, replenishment of supplies, working out candy, making change requests, cleaning their lanes of abandons and hangers, etc.

As someone suggested, find some down time to go over some of the on-line GSA training. See if you can find a mentor or two among the GSA team. Your LOD may be "hazing" you a bit, which I don't excuse, but rising to the challenge and succeeding might help get them off your back. They also want to know that they can trust their subordinates to do their jobs.

Thanks so much for your response parker51 I appreciate your time and advice with much gratitude. I will keep in mind everything you said and look at the online training today.

You say rant like it's a bad thing but when anyone joins this break room thing they are sent a message by the admin in which he States "this break room is used for advice, questions, and rants" so if you have a problem with my RANT don't read It... I'm stressed Out and it's healthy to release steam somewhere, that's why I joined this.
Oh ok, so it was a rant. I don’t think I said anything negative, just separated facts from rant.....You are welcome for the advice others and I gave you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back