Archived GSA schedule rotation very unfair

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontEndFirecracker

Vibe Machine
It seems as if my store hates me.

Relatively new GSA (January-ish).

All the GSA, GSTL, and other TL at my store get every other weekend off, and they get a decent mix of opening vs. closing shifts.

I did a tally of my shifts. Since April, I have had TWO weekends off (both of which I had requested off for personal reasons), and I have opened a total of 20 days in the same amount of time. I basically close 5 nights a week, and never ever get a full weekend off, and barely one weekend day.

Our ETL-HR just left, and our STL is running HR for now. I have asked our ETL-GE EVERY WEEK to give me an opening shift, but it rarely happens.

Should I go to the STL about this? We all have open availability, but there are other GSA/GSTL that rarely close (maybe once every 2 weeks), and they get every other weekend off. I'm starting to get burnt out and I'm not sure how much more I can handle of this.

GSA should be getting weekend rotations same as TL. At least this is the case if you're being used as a GSTL on the cheap (all GSTL shifts mostly).

Of course when my first store's front end started going to shit, the bitch GSTL axed our weekends off saying "That's only a Team LEADER benefit and you're a Team Member."

No. The same people get the same preference shifts. The option to switch people into different shifts is there in MyTime. Besides, this has been happening since before MyTime was around.

GSA should be getting weekend rotations same as TL. At least this is the case if you're being used as a GSTL on the cheap (all GSTL shifts mostly).

Of course when my first store's front end started going to shit, the bitch GSTL axed our weekends off saying "That's only a Team LEADER benefit and you're a Team Member."

I am not on the rotation, at all. I work every weekend, and I only have one opening shift maybe every two weeks. I close 5 nights a week most weeks. I'm sick of it.

It is not a person's fault. It is probably Mytime
Not exactly. MyTime shifts can still be edited/manually entered.

It is NOT MyTimes fault in this scenario.

OP, do the other GSAs get every other weekend off? GSTLs? How many GSTL and GSA do you have at your store?

It is not a person's fault. It is probably Mytime
Not exactly. MyTime shifts can still be edited/manually entered.

It is NOT MyTimes fault in this scenario.

OP, do the other GSAs get every other weekend off? GSTLs? How many GSTL and GSA do you have at your store?

We have 3 GSA and 1 GSTL now (one GSTL got promoted). Still, all three GSA's work service desk occasionally, and two of us work c/o (though I'm never scheduled in there). The two GSA's and the GSTL get every other weekend off, but they always open, while I am left closing every weekend.

We had 2 gstl 2 GSA and we still had a rotation. Weekend open, off, weekend close, off

You're being screwed I'd make it a point to talk to your etl Ge . Then etl hr if you domt get anywhere .

We rotate weekend closing shifts. Since I'm always in the CO that means I have a brutal clopen once every few weeks, and I never have saturday or sunday off. I cope.

It seems as if my store hates me.

Relatively new GSA (January-ish).

All the GSA, GSTL, and other TL at my store get every other weekend off, and they get a decent mix of opening vs. closing shifts.

I did a tally of my shifts. Since April, I have had TWO weekends off (both of which I had requested off for personal reasons), and I have opened a total of 20 days in the same amount of time. I basically close 5 nights a week, and never ever get a full weekend off, and barely one weekend day.

Our ETL-HR just left, and our STL is running HR for now. I have asked our ETL-GE EVERY WEEK to give me an opening shift, but it rarely happens.

Should I go to the STL about this? We all have open availability, but there are other GSA/GSTL that rarely close (maybe once every 2 weeks), and they get every other weekend off. I'm starting to get burnt out and I'm not sure how much more I can handle of this.

Are we the same person??? I had to fight to get a second day shift. And my weekend time off is very minimal compared to the others (though it is starting to get better). I tried talking to everyone above me about it...got different answers like "it has to be fair for everyone" (by being unfair to me?) "you're just a TM, you don't get rotating weekends off" (not true according to my ETL-GE), "we're going to do it, we just have this excuse this week, another excuse next week, etc, etc, but it's on our to do list to be sure you stop getting screwed over."

I've given up. They plan to screw me over until the end of time, basically. I closed all four nights of Memoral Day weekend, Fourth of July weekend, and will close 3 of the 4 on Labor Day weekend. The others have had at least one (or up to four days) of every single one of those holiday weekends off.

But at least I know how they truly feel about me,

Change your availability! I don't get weekends off and am worked like a crazy person but I enjoy it. It gives me time away from the chaos at my house (rowdy children and spouse). lol

The gstl/gsa's in our store get their shifts two weeks in advance.. I hear them all adjusting as needed. Occasional complaints, but they usually work together... If I were to become gstl/GSA, I would gladly give up weekends off if I could close all the time.. All the time, meaning every shift.

The gstl/gsa's in our store get their shifts two weeks in advance.. I hear them all adjusting as needed. Occasional complaints, but they usually work together... If I were to become gstl/GSA, I would gladly give up weekends off if I could close all the time.. All the time, meaning every shift.

Lol tell them that and you'll never open again. I wouldn't really do it though unless you desperately need to because of family obligations or something. Even I as a self-professed night owl would've rather opened every day hands down.

As a relatively new GSTL, one of the first things I did was establish a four week rotation for the GSA's and myself. Everybody gets every other weekend off, everybody has an opening weekend and a closing weekend. If it's your closing weekend you close Friday through Sunday. the rest of the schedule is done so the GSA's all get close to the same number of hours and they can figure that they can plan their lives based on the schedule. It's fair, it's equitable, and it's the right thing to do. If your GSTL thinks they don't have to work weekends, then they are in the wrong industry. This is retail, we all have to work nights, weekends and holidays. I'd ask to have a chat with your STL and be ready to show in writing the inequity of the rotation. Don't be angry or demanding, just explain you would like to see an equitable rotation where everyone has weekends off and has an open and a close. God Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back