Archived GSA to GSTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
To any ETL GE or any other ETLS or even experienced GSTLS.. what characteristics or practices would you need to see from a GSA for you to think he/she is ready to become a GSTL? Like what separates a new GSA from one thats ready for TL status, in your opinion

To any ETL GE or any other ETLS or even experienced GSTLS.. what characteristics or practices would you need to see from a GSA for you to think he/she is ready to become a GSTL? Like what separates a new GSA from one thats ready for TL status, in your opinion

They aren't mind readers, if you're a GSA interested in a tl position, you have to tell them. They can go from there as far as where you may need improvement or what you need to do in general. TL: DR Tell your etl you want to be gstl.

There is really not a big difference in between a GSA and GSTL. Only the disciplinary procedures and writing up annual reviews.

As a GSA looking to be a GSTL, you want to be try to be a leader without stepping beyond your authority. Don't dictate procedures and policies down your teams throuats. Just gain your teams respect. Really be mindful and pro-active on alerts and speed weaving. Keep your cashier and Red Card scores up. Make any suggestions to your present GSTL and ETL GE.

If you haven't done this already, I would ask to captain something at the checklanes. Maybe ask to be in charge of the sales planners. It will teach you about TWT and online planogram. Plus, it will show you can manage execution. Maybe try captaining giftcards. Be in charge of the sets and make sure they are always full at the lanes and around the store. You could even try captaining the trading cards. These are a more simple task, so if you're doing trading cards, I would also recommend tracking trading card sales each week to show how they are improving now that you're taking them on. It will show you can drive for results. The things in bold are leadership expectations. Look them up on workbench or ask your HR for a brochure and get to know them.

Also, captaining doesn't necessarily mean you do them yourself, just that you are delegating and making sure they get done.

As a current GSA, I'm in the same boat, my advice: be good at what you do. Make sure all your check lane ends are full so they can drive sales, make sure your soda coolers are full, double check signing in-stocks on everything up front. Lead your team in a respectful manor. Have your cashiers/cart attendant fill ends do abandons when they're not busy. Speed weave as much as possible and drive red-cards and yes ask to be a captain, my etl put me in charge of the red-card program as well as loyalties we were 5% conversion black Friday week. I'm still a work in progress and I have several things i need improving on but I'm trying and those things are a great start. Also like a previous poster said,gain the respect of your team they will go the extra mile for you if they respect you. Good luck and have fun, don't get stressed out it's just a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back