Archived GSA vs. PA

Status
Not open for further replies.
GSA gets a lot less pressure regarding redcards than GSTL. Not saying redcards aen't a concern for GSA, but the

Ah, right, my store has only a photo kiosk, so didn't think of that at all.

ASANTS. I got pressured just as much as my GSTL for Red Cards, mainly because they seemed to hold me to a higher standard for whatever reason.

Well, your ETL, and STL may have, but as far as higher than that is concerned, redcards aren't your responsibility.

GSA is basically a tool of the GSTL. It's the GSTL that will get shit from the district level and above. They may then pass it down though, etc.

GSAs get pressured regarding REDcards -- to the point where (in my store) they're stealing them from cashiers. I've seen it so many times that it's no longer infuriating. A guest is on a cashier's line with a large cart gets approached by a GSA (and in one case an overeager GSTL) regarding the card. Guest agrees and walks off with the GSA. It's disgusting.

GSAs get pressured regarding REDcards -- to the point where (in my store) they're stealing them from cashiers. I've seen it so many times that it's no longer infuriating. A guest is on a cashier's line with a large cart gets approached by a GSA (and in one case an overeager GSTL) regarding the card. Guest agrees and walks off with the GSA. It's disgusting.

That makes no sense at all. Literally, none.

Neither myself, the other GSA's at my store, or the GSTL are expected to get redcards. We will in fact do the opposite of what you're referencing, cashiers get scored on their redcards, I get scored on the # of redcards obtained during my shifts by my team, if a guest comes up to me and asks to get a redcard I will often have a cashier sign them up instead of me doing it.

No one from the district level or higher will ever care how many redcards a specific GSTL got, they will care how many the store gets when said GSTL is present.

Yeah, that was my understanding of how it worked as well, @Nauzhror but there are 2 GSAs and one GSTL who are ALWAYS working guests for cards. As a matter of fact, the GSTL tried to get my daughter to sign up for one. Like...you don't think I asked her already? WTF? The 2 other TLs and GSAs do what you do though. But those three? It's just disgusting.

A GSA is given GSTL responsibility. It's difficult because your front end team members typically don't respond well to said "peers" leading vs their actual leader. It takes some real strategy and positive energy to be in this position. I loved being up front but I dealt with this daily with my front end team.

Never seen that to be an issue at my store. Cashiers do not typically view me as their peer, most of them don't really even realize GSA and GSTL are different positions.

Never seen that to be an issue at my store. Cashiers do not typically view me as their peer, most of them don't really even realize GSA and GSTL are different positions.

At my store some people don't even know the GSA or even PA position exist. They call GSAs "GSTL" on the walkie.

I just learned that the 2 other GSTLs we have weren't but were actually GSAs (we only have 2 GSTLs). For some reason, I thought GSAs stayed at the SD. They just promoted an electronics TM to GSA, so now we'll have 3.

I just learned that the 2 other GSTLs we have weren't but were actually GSAs (we only have 2 GSTLs). For some reason, I thought GSAs stayed at the SD. They just promoted an electronics TM to GSA, so now we'll have 3.
GSA runs the front lanes. They'll assist other cashiers with issues, grab cash when needed, and .... Ask salesfloor for backup.

GSA runs the front lanes. They'll assist other cashiers with issues, grab cash when needed, and .... Ask salesfloor for backup.

And handle difficult guest situations and shoot outs for the front lanes and sometimes fill one spot and fill Excell wall and set the ad and take down the ad and assist minor cashiers with alcohol transactions and assist the service desk with difficult situations and stock the self-check-outs with change and paper and make sure the cart attendants are on top of their jobs and answer blinkers and oh yeah, I almost forgot, the most important part of the GSA's job--- STAY ON TOP OF THOSE CASHIERS AND DRIVE REDCARDS!!!!

And handle difficult guest situations and shoot outs for the front lanes and sometimes fill one spot and fill Excell wall and set the ad and take down the ad and assist minor cashiers with alcohol transactions and assist the service desk with difficult situations and stock the self-check-outs with change and paper and make sure the cart attendants are on top of their jobs and answer blinkers and oh yeah, I almost forgot, the most important part of the GSA's job--- STAY ON TOP OF THOSE CASHIERS AND DRIVE REDCARDS!!!!

Don't forget staying on top of hand baskets, hangers, and reshop. Also, you had better be speed-weaving. Oh and hey, the LOD just let you know that one of your closers called out so you have to try to ask cashiers between guests if they would be willing to stay an extra hour or else be a man down. That line at Guest Services is getting pretty long, let me head over and help clear the line. Damn, this is transactions is gonna take a while-- oh, and the cashier on register 11 is completely out of $1 bills (didn't request them, of course) and can't give the guest their change, and I'm still in the middle of doing a complicated return. Okay, return is done, now I can get the cashier their change-- OH, yes ma'am, the restrooms are right over there... 5 feet away... with a big sign. Alright, now the cashier has their change, and I can finally take a look at the break schedule and get caught up. Oh hey, the LOD just walked up and wants to take away a cashier to work on one of the two carts of reshop. It's not like it's busy and I'm already behind on breaks or anything. And now here's the TPS letting me know that a frequent coupon/return fraudster is in the building, so you gotta make sure that you are watching every single guest that goes through the front lanes so that they don't slip through. And guess what? It's been 5 hours since you've clocked in (haven't been able to take your 15, of course) and now you have to figure out who's going to cover for you so that you can take your meal before you go into non-compliance. Also, REDCARDSSS!!!!

Writing that out was enough to increase my blood pressure. I'm glad I'm out of it.

Don't forget staying on top of hand baskets, hangers, and reshop. Also, you had better be speed-weaving. Oh and hey, the LOD just let you know that one of your closers called out so you have to try to ask cashiers between guests if they would be willing to stay an extra hour or else be a man down. That line at Guest Services is getting pretty long, let me head over and help clear the line. Damn, this is transactions is gonna take a while-- oh, and the cashier on register 11 is completely out of $1 bills (didn't request them, of course) and can't give the guest their change, and I'm still in the middle of doing a complicated return. Okay, return is done, now I can get the cashier their change-- OH, yes ma'am, the restrooms are right over there... 5 feet away... with a big sign. Alright, now the cashier has their change, and I can finally take a look at the break schedule and get caught up. Oh hey, the LOD just walked up and wants to take away a cashier to work on one of the two carts of reshop. It's not like it's busy and I'm already behind on breaks or anything. And now here's the TPS letting me know that a frequent coupon/return fraudster is in the building, so you gotta make sure that you are watching every single guest that goes through the front lanes so that they don't slip through. And guess what? It's been 5 hours since you've clocked in (haven't been able to take your 15, of course) and now you have to figure out who's going to cover for you so that you can take your meal before you go into non-compliance. Also, REDCARDSSS!!!!

Writing that out was enough to increase my blood pressure. I'm glad I'm out of it.
Oh gosh, this can't be more real. My STL hates it when the GSTL is on a lane or behind the desk but when there are barley any cashiers and sales floor TM's and no hours on top of that, it's impossible not to step in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back